Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lodged weapons?  (Read 782 times)

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Lodged weapons?
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:19:00 am »

Does anyone know a way to let the weapon stay lodged in the monsters' wound instead of maintaining the grip of it when you move a square away?
Dropping it is impossible while lodged and there isn't an option for it when clicking "I".
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Lodged weapons?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 11:19:00 am »

Why would you want that, anyway? If you let go of your weapon, you'll still need to equip one to fight, thus spending a turn, which you can just as well spend reclaiming your weapon. Also, if you let a weapon stick in a humanoid enemy, you might as well see that weapon used against you next turn. I've seen that work from the other side. An Axeman from my party left his battleaxe stuck in a lion, then a drunk that wrestled it grabbed the stuck axe, retrieved it, and hacked the lion into two.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fishersalwaysdie:
<STRONG>Does anyone know a way to let the weapon stay lodged in the monsters' wound instead of maintaining the grip of it when you move a square away?
Dropping it is impossible while lodged and there isn't an option for it when clicking "I".</STRONG>

When you move away, you have to either let go or pull it out. I think you can let go through shift+i.

Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

Shador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 04:30:00 pm »

There's no option to let go with Shift+I. There isn't even a "Release grip of right hand on copper pike" option in the wrestling interface. I don't think it's currently possible.

DT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 06:53:00 pm »

What reason would you have to keep it lodged in there? It's not going to effect the enemy until they take it out, and that will only happen after they kill you or you move away.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 07:28:00 am »

Well maybe I want to attack with another weapon and I don't want to waste time pulling this one out, especially if it's lodged into hippo(Almost impossible to succeed).

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

Have you tried (P)utting the weapon somewhere? Or throwing?
And in any case, you'd spend a turn doing an action, so you can just as well try to move away and see if you can keep the thing in your posession.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 03:48:00 am »

I've never tried, but might (d)ropping the weapon do it?

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 07:34:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sylverone:
<STRONG>I've never tried, but might (d)ropping the weapon do it?</STRONG>

Nope

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 10:00:00 am »

My custom adventurer race has some relatively powerful natural attacks that sometimes makes me wish I could put down a stuck-in weapon.  

Admittedly it does work fairly well to just move back a space and see if you manage to keep it, but when it's stuck in something you know you can't retrieve it from (skeletal elephants?) it would be nice to have some option to just stop struggling for it without wasting a turn.  

That way instead of wasting the turn you can spend it taking out a new weapon, or attempting to bite your enemies head off.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!