Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Planter priorities  (Read 1156 times)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Planter priorities
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2023, 06:18:02 pm »

I think it might be they find another task the same as what they were doing. If they were planting, they keep planting so long as there are planting jobs.
Instead of "of the same type", it might be "from the same job source", where a workshop is a source. So, if that specific farm plot has more jobs to be done, they will be assigned to the dwarf immediately and if not, then the dwarf will be assigned a job from the job list and might be assigned a closer task like harvesting a plant from an adjacent plot instead of walking 4 tiles to plant more seeds.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2023, 10:49:38 am »

Oh, I believe your are right, anewaname. I think that's also why I abandoned larger plots -- if they had just begun planting, they would keep planting even though that meant they were letting nearby ripe crops wilt.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2023, 03:05:49 pm »

I honestly think this idea is nonsense. I'm sure it used to work in some distant past version of the game, in fact IIRC the thing that made it impossible was dwarves pausing between mining tasks.
My bad. I forgot where the pump was. You just walled off a 1-tile spot to turn into a drain.

Do you not have animals or do you pasture them before this, or how do you keep them from going to the meeting zone and getting in the way?
Pages: 1 [2]