Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I captured two elephants, a male and a female and I trained them but...  (Read 880 times)

Lordoomer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I captured two elephants, a male and a female and I trained them but. for some reason they won't make babies. I had a fortress with economy entirely based on giraffe and ostrich bonecrafts last time but those elephants won't breed. Anyone know how to encourage elephants to breed?
And how do we insert images, the button only put an html tag in the text, shouldn't it prompt me to upload an image? I have to put an src property in the tag? Also an html tag has <> not []...
Oh well I'll just past a twitter link with the screenshot I guess...
https://twitter.com/Lordoomer/status/1615240361550696450
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 01:56:36 am by Lordoomer »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I captured two elephants, a male and a female and I trained them but...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 02:10:52 am »

I captured two elephants, a male and a female and I trained them but. for some reason they won't make babies. I had a fortress with economy entirely based on giraffe and ostrich bonecrafts last time but those elephants won't breed. Anyone know how to encourage elephants to breed?
And how do we insert images, the button only put an html tag in the text, shouldn't it prompt me to upload an image? I have to put an src property in the tag? Also an html tag has <> not []...
Oh well I'll just past a twitter link with the screenshot I guess...
https://twitter.com/Lordoomer/status/1615240361550696450

You’d be better off moving this thread to DF Gameplay Questions.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 02:12:17 am »

The ones you have might just not be interested, as there is a 5% for any creature to be homosexuel. You should capture some more.
If this is something you don't want you can (before generating a world) change the raws for this to be less (or more) by adding the appropriate ORIENTATION tag to the animal(s) of your choosing.
Maybe current fortress raws can be changed too, but I had few luck saving them without compression. Also even that would only apply for future speciments.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Lordoomer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 02:12:45 am »

Okay how do I move it? My elephantess just gave birth to two babies anyway...

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 03:13:39 pm »

The Move Topic button at the bottom of the page (only shows up for threads you created).
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 02:47:11 pm »

The ones you have might just not be interested, as there is a 5% for any creature to be homosexuel.

It's a 5% chance for a creature to be uninterested in the opposite sex, not homosexual; chance of homosexuality is 3.75%

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 08:33:08 pm »

My elephantess just gave birth to two babies anyway...

Elephants do have a REALLY long gestation time, so that was probably making it even harder to be certain of the outcome.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!