Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven School?  (Read 601 times)

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven School?
« on: January 10, 2023, 06:59:42 pm »

Is it possible to teach kids some skills before they become adults?

I tried assigning them to a small burrow comprised of a dormitory, a dining room and guilds but they prefer idling in the dining room instead of attending lectures.  :-[
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

DrWenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven School?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 08:49:50 pm »

Could you overlap the dining room and the guildhall? No idea if that would work at all, just a thought.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 09:21:00 pm »

Maybe you can lure them to your choice of guildhalls by putting the toy stockpile there.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 12:29:51 am »

Neither of those ideas seem to work.  They just play with their toys instead of learning anything.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:31:23 am by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 01:21:40 am »

This IS a simulation after all.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 06:08:29 am »

Guildhalls will teach kids skills.
Don't "overlap the dining hall with the guildhall" not sure what that would achieve besides making everyone hate your dining hall for being cheap. Kids will hang out at all the meeting areas eventually. Maybe burrow them in the guildhall if you really need to.

Apprentice system and such is all part of future development so it's all a bit hit and miss right now.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 03:23:57 pm »

Could you overlap the dining room and the guildhall? No idea if that would work at all, just a thought.
This actually worked after all. Thanks.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ