Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something incredible happened, how do I go into Legends mode without retiring?  (Read 901 times)

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In all my life I have never seen this happen.

As if the place wasn't hostile enough - heavy aquifer, no trees, no rock and nothing to do except grow plump helmets, do combat drills, scratch our beards and wait for traders to come.

And also gawk at the corpse of this lone, hostile macewoman that we killed.

There was no Siege warning message, she was already present in the site I embarked on. She killed our dog and then stood around by the wagon, terrified by what she had done. That gave us enough time to assemble everyone in a squad, then we picked up our crappy weapons and ganged up on her. Let everyone know that Fikod the Stonecrafter, the madlad who got the kill, is our new military commander.

Now I'm wondering, who the heck was this woman? Her Groups screen said she was part of some Nomadic civilization, but we're in the middle of a desert here. So is this some rogue crazy bedouin we just killed or can I expect a siege soon?

I want to go into Legends mode and look up her name, but I also want to keep the fort because this is epic. I haven't used the Save to New Timeline function before, would that work? Do I do that, then load the old timeline, retire the fort and then go to legends?

Help appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 08:31:47 am by Magnus »
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Copy the save folder somewhere else. Retire, check Legends. Copy the backed up save folder back in to continue playing.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great success!

So. Very little is known about the human Ekul Soulsplaited. She was born in 67, and in spring of 100 bled to death at Chambertax, slain with a copper spear by Fikod Lusterwound.

Earlier that year, in fact possibly on the same day, she had joined The Blanketed Vegetations, a bandit organization.

This organization is of little renown, but it was founded in 96 by Ebbak Plantrings.

Ebbak is also a mysterious character, but in 97 she attempted to corrupt the goblin Shodec Tealtrussed in Buttonslovely, one of two nearby human towns (the other is an unremarkable hamlet called Aquamined).

Shodec was apparently part of the town's founding, and hasn't done much except being a lye maker, then a hunter, and then finally becoming the master chef. Others have tried to corrupt him, but he stayed true to the cause of making delicious goblin food for the lord.

Buttonslovely itself is a day's trek to the southwest. It has been raided twice, once by a cyclops and the other time by a pack of trolls. One of these trolls' name is Sad Actedboring, notorious for snacking on inhabitants of both towns, and also his name is Sad Actedboring.

And would you know, Sad and his friends are currently holed up in The Delightful Dunes, just a stone's throw south of our little hole in the ground. Lovely. Can't wait for him to visit!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 09:01:09 am by Magnus »
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Erei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She might have been on her way to a raid and you embarked on her path ? Some people have reported having some general and commander in tents in their embark, most likely armies on the march for sieges.