Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just my imagination, or are visitors frequently naked now?  (Read 1630 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Just my imagination, or are visitors frequently naked now?
« on: January 08, 2023, 01:15:29 pm »

I feel that this is almost certainly a bug.  The sheer volume of performers arriving completely bare-ass is rather silly, albeit amusing.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just my imagination, or are visitors frequently naked now?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 01:51:38 pm »

can confirm, I at first thought it was due to my usual neglect, but apparently nudity is really uh popular right now.

YashaAstora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 04:20:35 pm »

Visitors technically do not belong to any civ...which means they don't have any culturally-defined clothing. So they show up naked.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 06:10:34 pm »

They've always been there, you just didn't look carefully enough before graphics were introduced.
Performance troupes don't belong to any civ so don't have clothes to pull from (regular visitors do so are clothed).

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 12:50:01 pm »

this is one of those funny bugs that one hardly wants to be fixed lol
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

TokMor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 08:44:49 pm »

So what I'm hearing is: If someone shows up naked, they probably aren't an agent.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 08:53:04 pm »

Why would you be imagining naked visitors? Do I want to know?

Ctesiphus

• Escaped Lunatic
  • live and drink or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 10:01:21 pm »

i thought it was something *i* was doing wrong! or i assumed the naked ones were part of my fort and outgrew their clothes. kind of a golden bug
One star-ribboned night, a ray cat crossed the marshy loam and wandered into Joppa. The watervine farmers, wakened by the joyful cries of a small girl, gathered around to revel at the favorable omen and extol the generosity of the Beetle Moon. Since then, Ctesiphus has spent his days curled under the shade of brinestalk huts and sauntering over dirt paths. So long as he's approached with care, he welcomes the hands of friends and strangers alike.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 02:25:56 am »

So what I'm hearing is: If someone shows up naked, they probably aren't an agent.
I think members of performance troupes can be corrupted. They interact with the outside world in all other ways. Just clothes they have problems with...

Erei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2023, 11:10:49 am »

From my experience, performance troupe are always fully naked, while regular visitors aren't.

The performance troup "group/civ" might be the issue ?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 11:41:04 am »

Maybe similarly to the puking en-route to a site due to sunlight exposure featurette that was once a bug, they instead end up walking around so extensively for such a long amount of time before landing at your fortress (to be honest, the legion of monster hunters waiting to get in doesnt dissuade this) that their clothes rot off first.

Least perceptually, clothes are rotting slightly faster in the adjustable FPS base game speed than before.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 01:07:41 pm »

This has been a problem since 0.47.01, it just wasn't as noticeable because you had to manually check with v->i (which I often did, so I knew about it back then).

Least perceptually, clothes are rotting slightly faster in the adjustable FPS base game speed than before.

the FPS base game speed has always been adjustable

I think members of performance troupes can be corrupted. They interact with the outside world in all other ways. Just clothes they have problems with...

it's not corruption, they're just not part of any specific civilization, which doesn't say anything at all about what they can or cannot interact with

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 12:07:40 am »

I had noticed that, but only really took notice of it with elves, and just assumed it was a new elven thing. Guess it's a bug then instead?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2023, 09:20:46 am »

This has been a problem since 0.47.01, it just wasn't as noticeable because you had to manually check with v->i (which I often did, so I knew about it back then).

the FPS base game speed has always been adjustable

it's not corruption, they're just not part of any specific civilization, which doesn't say anything at all about what they can or cannot interact with
Talking about actual villainous corruption...

EmperorCoolidge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2023, 11:24:06 am »

As best I can tell it's specifically performers/entertainers but does not seem to matter what kind (e.g. not just dancers). Everyone else has arrived clothed for me.