Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Murder Details and Motives in Legends Mode  (Read 1322 times)

ivduca

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Murder Details and Motives in Legends Mode
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:22:54 pm »

I was looking at some Hist. Fig. in Legends Mode and I saw a human woman who had killed her brother and some other human from her same Civ. I wonder, is there any way to see the details and maybe motives of the murder? Do these even exist or is this act something random?

Thanks.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Murder Details and Motives in Legends Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 10:44:14 pm »

People in goblin civs just kill each other for no reason. I've seen whole goblin civs collapse into decline because some fool murdered the demon who was directly responsible for all their victories.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 11:21:35 am »

You usually have to deduce motives from what you see and the relationships between entities.

As Enemy Post said, goblins are the ones who murder at plain sight without any reasoning, even their own dreaded leaders. Humans, elves and dwarves that kill their kin can usually be attributed to the fact that they eventually turned into a werebeast, they became spouses to a Night Troll or, in pretty uncommon cases, because they were abducted during childhood and they now work for a goblin civ that is at war against their original civ.

Those are the most reported cases, as bandits aren't prone to murder and family feuds haven't been modeled yet.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

ivduca

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 12:42:12 pm »

I see, thank you for clearing my doubt!

DonDiablo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 09:07:48 am »

Sorry for digging up an old post