Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cavern Dwellers beefed up  (Read 1275 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cavern Dwellers beefed up
« on: January 02, 2023, 08:33:44 am »

I dont know if it's intended or a bug but the subterranean animal people are a serious menace now. I abandoned one fortress because of them and I am condidering abondoning a second one for the same reason.
Some of them have steel weapons, and they just dont stop appearing. I'm pretty sure they don't have a camp that I can reach, so they are coming from outside the boundaries.
The civilizations screen say their unnamed civilization are in peace, but they appear as invaders in the units screen.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Dwellers beefed up
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 09:36:14 am »

Increased cavern dwellers is a new feature advertised for 50.0x, yes.
Bit broken though right now..

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 06:49:50 pm »

I think it's tied to agitation (e.g., mining, chopping trees, dumping items.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 10:19:59 pm »

I ran into an issue with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
piling up against the edges of cavern lakes and destroying my FPS. considering how dangerous it was to send my military to fight on the lake's edge I never tried to bait them onto land, but I suppose now that might have worked.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 04:06:43 pm »

my current fort is in the process of mining channels for magma to be pumped ontop of all my aquatic men and rat men.
Neither of these are too hard to fight, but there's always a risk that the mounts they ride rip off a hand or foot of my rather overworked squad dwarfs.
there's also the problem where I send a squad in to deal with them, and one of the dwarfs gets a bit excited and rushes by himself deep into the ranks of the enemy, while the rest of the squad beat up on the fore runners. then the bum rusher gets tired, then over exerted, then looses a limb.
Due to a terrible start and lots of dwarf deaths, I've stopped receiving migrants too, so I'm trying to come up with alternate ways to deal with the endless waves of cavern dwellers while my fort recovers in numbers.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 04:37:25 pm »

At one time there was about 40 serpent man in the cave, most of them all of reach. There is some settings where you can adjust their menace and numbers, I reloaded an old save but I dont know if its going to work.