Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Color shifting for Forgotten Beast sprites  (Read 348 times)

Hotty gremlin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Color shifting for Forgotten Beast sprites
« on: December 31, 2022, 10:08:33 pm »

Happy new years fellers

A feature I'd like to see in the pipeline is for Forgotten Beast sprite components to have colorized versions a la clothing sprites, including the eye colors. The color of the sprite would be representative of the outermost tissue layer - skin, or feathers or hair etc. Forgotten beasts made of flame would be, well, fire colored.

I've poked through the default graphics text files and this is by far the biggest boon to raws I've ever seen added since I've started playing and I'm excited to use them for my modding efforts. I feel like coloring the beasts in this manner could be possible with the current version of the game, it would just be a slog to implement (each color for each possible part... Sounds like a job for automation) and may have been too little of a priority to ship with the game due to more pertinent issues. That being said, would be a nice patch down the line if it's possible and there's spare time enough to implement it.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Color shifting for Forgotten Beast sprites
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 11:34:04 am »

I don't know if coloring creatures by palette is something that has been figured out yet by the modding community, but if it is possible, this is definitely the place for it. And if it isn't possible currently this still is, since suggestion threads are for implementing new features.

In other words, +1 .