Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Premium Dwarf Fortress] Why aren't my modded weapons in the game?  (Read 722 times)

Phopah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Howdy!

I've not added my content before, and I've tried to find some examples to help me out, but my .txt files are not being read as the game launches. I'm trying to add in the foreign and 2h weapons so my dwarves can use them without mutating the vanilla files.

My file structure looks like this:
~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Dwarf Fortress/data/vanilla/z_sams_weapons/objects/{sams_entity_default.txt,sams_weapon_changes.txt}

Here's a Pastebin link to see what those files look like. I also included the info.txt file that sits in the parent directory.
https://pastebin.com/0wRGU5EX

If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Premium Dwarf Fortress] Why aren't my modded weapons in the game?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 11:53:59 am »

You've put your mod in the wrong place. You need to put the folder under Mods, and then install it through the main menu.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 03:04:15 pm »

You need to either add your new raw entries to vanilla files or add your custom files as a mod outside of the vanilla raws.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 07:41:13 pm »

The files are named incorrectly; they need to be more like entity_sams and item_sams. I should probably link to this wiki page from the main modding page, haha.

EDIT: someone already did wowee