Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steam: Did invasions become more common?  (Read 557 times)

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Steam: Did invasions become more common?
« on: December 21, 2022, 11:44:21 am »

Just on the second fort. Both of them get annual "mini-invasions" of 5 units from a necromancer starting after I get 1 migration wave.

1st fort it was zombies, 2nd it's experiments.

I wonder if this is new? They're coming so fast I haven't smithed any armor or weapons let alone set up military.

So I hole up and end in a sorta cosy situation with 15 dwarves holed up for years & unable to get new migrants because I'm permanently in "invasion"-status.

It's new to me. I'm used to getting invasions when I'm at like 50 dwarves and have a beginning military squad. Steam-version I get invaded when I have like 10 dwarves and am setting up the essential infrastructure.

Also I'm more used to like 50 goblins or nothing. I'm curious if mini-invasions of 5 units is new or if I just for some reason never got them?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Steam: Did invasions become more common?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 11:47:38 am »

Maybe you settled too close to a necromancer tower. They have always been able to invade you ignoring any population/wealth triggers, if you were in proximity (10 map tiles.)

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 11:56:32 am »

Maybe you settled too close to a necromancer tower. They have always been able to invade you ignoring any population/wealth triggers, if you were in proximity (10 map tiles.)

Ah, maybe that's the explanation.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 12:42:04 pm »

can confirm this used to happen in older versions. proximity to tower and lack of intervening terrain both play a role