Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dungeons Bug? (Steam Version)  (Read 529 times)

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeons Bug? (Steam Version)
« on: December 23, 2022, 08:05:36 pm »

So I don't know if this is a bug, it might be more of a question, because there's a more than 0 chance I'm an idiot and missing something.

Here's the deal. I have a dungeon with cages in it, all empty. I have it set as a dungeon, and the cages say they're a part of the room. I have a dungeon master, a captain of the guard, and a hammerer.

I found a vampire in my fort, which wasn't hard as he was the only dwarf that was 110 in a 100 year old world with grey skin. He confessed to three separate murders and theft. I expected he would either be locked in a cage forever or get hammered.

Except, for each of them, he just got a beating, like the dungeon didn't exist? Either that, or the crime of murder now only carries the punishment of being punched in the face a few times. I had an issue in the past where if you lacked a cage or chain that the punishments would always be beatings, but I know for a fact I have the dungeon setup.

Is this a bug? Or is my dwarf civ just super lenient on draining children of blood to feed undead monsters?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons Bug? (Steam Version)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 08:38:08 pm »

It's entirely possible that your dwarves decided beatings were good enough. Keeping in mind these dwarves can be very arbitrary with their punishments depending on who they are and what their personality is like, and what connections the persecuted might have.

It could also be a bug too, sure, there's a lot of them running around with the Steam release, but in this casing i'm inclined to believe your dwarves are more lenient tbh.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897