Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipment?  (Read 707 times)

arocoun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equipment?
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:08:00 am »

Just some questions and ideas about equipment:

--I've read somewhere (the wiki, I think) that the quality of equipment increases the skill level of all actions it's used for (a high quality shield will make you block like you have a better shield user level, for example).  I wonder if this applies to backpacks.  Would a really high-quality backpack make you able to carry things better (like you could with a higher armor user level)?  That would be a neat effect if it isn't already the case.

--Is it correct to assume you can't get steel equipment in Adventurer mode without making it in Dwarf mode?  (Which I can't practically, since my computer at this time sucks.  Terribly.)

--What is the highest quality armor you can find in Adv. mode?  I've found equipment with masterfully created *designs*, but have found no actual masterful equipment in a shop yet.

--Does a lighter weapon (like a short sword or large dagger) have a better chance of hitting?  Or does it have no advantage over heavier weapons (like a long sword)?

Thanks!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:00:00 am »

As for not getting Steel weapons, I've never seen any around myself: But if you can't make a fort to get any, you could mess around with the raws and customize something. People have made horses drop adamantine bars, so it's probably possible to make (some monster) drop (some steel weapon)- It's a little troublesome but it's something.

As for the best quality armor here, I'm taking a shot in the dark but I'm going to have to assume Artifact-Quality Adamantine Platemail; it'd be insanely difficult to create, however. With my luck I'd end up with  an artifact adamantine left sandal or something. =) Hey, I've killed a person with a cheetah leather loincloth, I bet that sandal would be vicious.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 09:43:00 pm »

Actually, artifact quality is the same as masterwork, except that artifacts are indestructible.
As for the highest quality you can find, I assume you mean in stores? I've seen exceptional, but I don't think I've seen masterwork.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 09:55:00 pm »

I've found iron, but I think steel requires you either cheat or make it at a fort.