Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: steam version, more search boxes and dwarf previews  (Read 568 times)

nataq

• Bay Watcher
  • Atheist
    • View Profile
steam version, more search boxes and dwarf previews
« on: December 11, 2022, 08:49:48 am »

please add filter searchboxes in all lists (like creature list)
also please add some kind of tooltip preview or goto buttin in most lists that show a creature but give no way to check what that creature actualy is and what stats does it have
also when some guest asks if he can join the fortress, plese add a tooltip or goto to this creature so that i can check who is actualy asking to join
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."

anarion321

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: steam version, more search boxes and dwarf previews
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 08:23:04 am »

This would be great yeah, the menus with filters are awesome and the ones that do not have that feature feel horrible to search at mid-late game.

Like searching for a dwarf in the character list when you got 100+.

Also, it would be nice to be able to open sheets in every menu, like if I want to open the sheet of a character in the squad menu, or the office, or any place, I have to search for him in the character list instead, with no filter....

jamesfoxbr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 10:17:08 am »

Yes I agree the creature list and some other list need a search box

NouFuS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 03:09:14 pm »

Couldn't agree more.
I would go even as far as making every creature name a clickable text pointing to the actual creature sheet. The back and forth between some random window and character sheets to understand who is actually doing something is really tedious, and it would be better but still tedious with a filter (which should be here anyway).

PetMudstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Damned Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 04:34:00 pm »

I am in full agreement. I keep spending a fair amount of time going through the creature menus looking for particular dwarves or trying to find where the hell the enemy goblins are.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 04:50:37 pm »

I also agree with this. It is essential for any potentially long list of stuff to have a proper search function, i'd think.

Hero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 12:20:44 am »

It shouldn't be too hard to change mentions of creatures/units to hyperlinks to their character sheets, should it? Most menus probably should have links.