Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ability to check Legends (or abbreviated Legends) during worldgen pause  (Read 281 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love the new event ticker in worldgen. My computer is busy churning away at a thousand year old busy world right now, and I find myself wondering who exactly are "The Frilly Pulley-Basement" that are constantly at war and concluding peace treaties with everyone.

I can pause and search for them on my map, as I assume they are a civ. But the ability to click on the name in the abridged chronicle and get a bit of info on them would be nice. If not full blown Legends Mode, then just the summary line of the entity would be good.

Especially for the more obscure entities like that one mercenary band who every civ seems to have hired for their wars so far.

Sure, sure, write it on a piece of paper and go find out later in Legends Mode. But if it's possible technically, this would be a nice addition to worldgen for those of us that enjoy generating words that are far too big/old/densely populated.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to check Legends (or abbreviated Legends) during worldgen pause
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 02:50:57 pm »

Absolutely agree with this. A couple of times during worldgen i'd notice something interesting that i'd want to check out in legends but would never be able to find after worldgen is done. Especially if that thing happened in the year 108 of a 1000 year worldgen.