Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For DF videos on YouTube, do you need to put content warnings?  (Read 573 times)

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
For DF videos on YouTube, do you need to put content warnings?
« on: December 17, 2022, 03:43:06 pm »

I'm looking to try my hand at making let's plays and I'd like to start recording DF gameplay as soon as I can get my hands on the Steam version. That being said, since DF involves drinking and violence but doesn't necessarily show it beyond barrels of alcohol, splotches of blood on the ground, and in-depth description of combat, do I have to put some sort of content warning on my videos to appease the legal team at YouTube? I'm hoping to take my channel to the point of monetization, so I'd like to know my responsibilities as a content creator.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For DF videos on YouTube, do you need to put content warnings?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 05:02:03 pm »

the system is fairly random (thanks google) and mostly depends on if someone randomly reports your videos. i wouldn't bother unless you expect multiple thousands of views. the largest youtube channels that display DF gameplay don't seem to have content warnings, so, ymmv

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
Re: For DF videos on YouTube, do you need to put content warnings?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 11:37:57 am »

You forgot the trailing guts, if a creature is disemboweled but alive (or undead)! It is delightfully disgusting, and yeah, might want to keep that in mind.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb