Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who's your favorite Dwarf (or other creature)?  (Read 411 times)

Shazial

• Bay Watcher
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
Who's your favorite Dwarf (or other creature)?
« on: December 14, 2022, 10:07:15 am »

While playing a fort or adventure mode, lets face it, we all play favorites. Someone catches our eye. Someone gets a fancier room than the others or more attention than the other little ones. A story forms and we want to follow it through. So who's your current or old favorite / memorable dwarf (or other creature) in your play throughs? What makes them so interesting? Do they have some quirky habit or did they do something epic to make them stand out?

Out of my current population there's four who keep catching my attention:

Kubuk Blotpulley and Solon Bridgeclouted - These two dwarven children seem to enjoy spending their time in the grave yard. Some sort of little glitch with the tombs caused them to enter a loop of "Place item in tomb" and "Play make believe" tasks. Kubuk trying to place the head of a falled Dwarf into a coffin and Solon trying to stuff a foot into the coffin next to him. This odd behavior gave me the head canon that these two pre-teens are wanna-be necromancers practicing their (not-so) dark arts in the communal cemetery together. Can't wait to see what they get into when they grow up in few years.

Zemri Prowledsmouldered - No particular story. He's just a massive and adorable Black Bear Man, who loves to dance. Seeing him on the screen at a random spot doing his little tasks makes me smile.

Asėn Relicboot the Certain - A little lass who got killed by an elven ambush, then resurrected into an intelligent undead by a local necromancer, and then absolutely decimated 21 elves for vengeance. She's since raked a lot of other kills, with the record of 40 notable ones. All while being merely 8 years old. There's something sad and yet epic about how she'll never grow up and just wanders the fortress playing and slaying. Her personality of "She's utterly fearless when confronted with danger, to the point of lacking common sense. She finds a chaotic mess preferable to the boredom of harmonious living." is also quite fitting in her situation..
I'm surrounded by lunatics who don't even need a moon.