Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I somehow add or remove body parts or tissue based on AGE?  (Read 572 times)

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I somehow add or remove body parts or tissue based on AGE?
« on: November 21, 2022, 03:02:08 pm »

As far as I know, only color change is possible for tissue. I want to have older males have larger tusks. Is this possible?

brushapocalypse

• Bay Watcher
  • creatures creaching
    • View Profile
Re: Can I somehow add or remove body parts or tissue based on AGE?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 11:13:24 pm »

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to add or remove body parts entirely through age. It should be possible to make things such as tusks or horns grow with age using some of the same tags used for hair growth, but my own dabbling in the subject has had middling results— Arena testing only created creatures with horns that were already "extremely long" and I didn't have the patience for more in-depth testing at the time. I'm interested to see if more experienced modders have further input on the proper setup for these sorts of things, vis a vis good variables for growth speed, maximum length, and whatever else I can't remember off the top of my head.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I somehow add or remove body parts or tissue based on AGE?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 06:14:52 am »

Alright, thanks. It seems not possible at the moment. I'd like to have behaviour based on age, like 'old age', with fysical problems, or adults growing wings. I know its indeed possible to make the property "Length" increase over time, but I suppose that this doesnt affect gameplay, only appearance.