Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Star fall, the ground hurts (SG)  (Read 489 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Star fall, the ground hurts (SG)
« on: October 22, 2022, 12:19:09 am »

------Star fall---------

It was meant to be an easy job, just hit the cargo ships, a little job keeping a low tech planet down to low tech.
You came in from the dark side of the moon, the ships engines of your star fighter howling as you let rip with laser cannons an sent them in to the great void dragons icy kiss.

Then things got complicated, a string of laser blasts from the planet, that smashed of you're ships left wing clean off.
With the cock pit screaming at you, lights flashing wild you push towards the planet, hoping that some where there was a soft landing as you fell in to the atmosphere.

Controls locked tight and fuel burning, you fell a shooting star from the heavens down in to the earth.

It's not a crash that most pilots hope to survive but your not most pilots, born from a cyber womb of Telos, you where born part machine with a will stronger then mere flesh.
With a lest act of will you set intra shields to maximum before you blackout.

Fire! The burning cockpit, The star filled sky, the visions flashing before you're eyes.

You blink an jump back from the fire, blinking as you see the small camp fire for what it is.

The man across the fire looks at you, his old face lined by time an weather.
"Awake are you? Star Faller.
Good we have to talk."
You don't feel like talking , in fact you feel like vomiting.
"The metal man he spoke of a riseing. I was a boy then young an ignorant.
But he spoke so with wisdom of the stars, now i know his word's to be thru we must slay the sperchter
Of the red banner high! of the lords thrown down an every man equal.
Of the end of serfdom! and the false priests!
Do you have word from him? the comrades are ready.
Arms have been hidden, cells set up and with just a word the proletariat will rise, is the time right?"

You spit an then vomit in the shadows of his camp fire,  "him? who what?" you ask wiping you're face clean.

"The metal man from the stars. He that came with the book." he passes you a dog eared copy of da capital.
You are from the stars, i saw you fall." he answers.

With a groan you realise that your on a low tech world, an far worse the red robots have been here first.

"Uh no i don't have words, i'm not really meant to be here.." you mutter.

Takeing a breath you look around, mostly it's sheep, grey and black sheep, but in the distance you see hot chemical fire from your spaceship.

"Ah that's where i found you, just feet from the fire, you where." the man tells you.
"Thank You" you lie back and night turns in to day.

Its early morning, the cold air bite's as you push the camp fire together and set a kettle.

You exhale an slowly start to plan.
Setting you're situation into goals an simple idea's.

1) I've been shot down, by a planet based laser battery.
2) This is a primitive shit hole, my saver farms sheep an smells like one too.
3) The red robots have prepared the planet for a rising, an soon too.
While a shepherds Jezail is not a military arm, the red robots have never been one's fore caring about causality's.
4) there's likely a ship headed off plant an that's from the same lot as shot you down.

Some Goals for the current year
A: Get Armed
B: Get off planet

Status personal.

Level 0 Cyborg
Advantages =
-------Nil------

Arms: nothing.
Clothing: rags
Asset :none.

Data corruption restore for biological  frame work? Y
Name ?
Gender?

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star fall, the ground hurts (SG)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 02:50:46 am »

Name: Bilbo Basbo

I'm terrible at names I'm sure someone can come up with something better.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 05:19:22 pm »

Name: Bilbo Basbo

I'm terrible at names I'm sure someone can come up with something better.
Well i guess we're Bilbo Basbo then.

----------------

You are Mr Bilbo Basbo, a space pirate without a ship, an right now the owner of some half burn rags an hair trigger temper.

Over the camp fires flames you can see the last of ship burning.

The only good news is that you have a "friend", well acquittance ok he's a signed up member of the galactic red flag league but your sure that:
A) Your not firsts for against the wall when the revolution comes.
B) Your not for the Guillotine ether
C) in fact your broke to the level where you stand to gain, ditching the rags you stand up in would be a profit.

Your new friend takes you across country towards the city.
It's not much of a city from a distance, stone walls and streets filled with shit from the houses above.

"Ahhh Shuburn the grandest city of the age.
Now Bilbo you take care an here, you have this. Don't argue.
I'll get good money from selling of your star ship as scrap. " your guide forces a pouch in to your hand.

minutes later your in the main courtyard of Shuburn, around you are merchanet stalls and at your sides is a heavy pouch.

Shoping wise you Buy X?
Arms
Armour
Gear
Cloths

Spoiler:  Mr Bilbo Basbo (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 06:05:54 am »

C

Arms as nice as clothing would be we need to arm ourselves first.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 08:50:07 pm »

C

Arms as nice as clothing would be we need to arm ourselves first.

You head down to the market viewing the stalls and the merchants many wares.

The two things you need are something to protect your self with and clothes, splinting the money you put the bulk of aside for arms and head to tailors.

A pair of simple brown cloth pants, a cotton shirt with a open neck and large sleeves, two plain leather shoes in the same style as the merchants own.
With a dull red cloak over the top, you blend in to the crowd looking now like you belong.

Then you see something that doesn't fit at all, in among the jewellery and necklaces, the lower half of a spacesuit's helmet lock, the silver ring an data lines being wildly out of place here.

The arms traders have piles of knifes, axes, swords and spear heads for you to pick from.
The bad news is your after something small enough to if not hide, at least conceal, that's why you take the large ivory handled flick knife.
It takes you only a few more minutes of sorting thru to find a good looking flintlock musket an a sturdy short sword with a brass hand-guard.

Happy with your purchases, you retire to a tavern an drink while you consider your next move.
There three

1: Question the jewellery seller over the spacesuit part.
2: Ask about where the laser battery might be, it will be a large installation or multiple heavy transports.
3: Ask about the robots, they must be makeing multiple visits around here.
4: Let them come to you, some one will be sent to your cashed spaceship, at worse there a scrap trader with other usefull iteams or hopefully there working for who ever shot you down.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 05:14:32 am »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 12:43:15 am »

1: Question the jewellery seller over the spacesuit part.

--------------

you do not waste any more time and head back to the jewellery seller.

"This.. its nice" you hold up the spacesuit part.
"Yes an only 3 obals for you sir, for a lucky lady's um?" the jeweller offers.
"She might be. but no i want to know if have then just this one here?"
"Ah a bulk discount. No No discounts ever. a fair price for one an fair price for all that's my motto"
"Forget the price, I can pay it. but i'm interested in haveing a set, do you more of theses?" you ask him.

"not with me But i can get you a few more pieces.. it'll cost you extra thu.."
"I said Forget the price, tell me when you have some, i'm staying at Frog an Crossbow for the next few days."

You leave the jewellers and take up a watch over his store.

After a few minutes he heads off in to an alleyway, lights a pipe and waits.
Its not long before see a another man join  him, the pair are talking an you head closer to listen in.

"There was a man, a stranger odd accent that was asking about these, he knows there more then one part."
"You think he's an outsider? well Sasha will deal with him.."

The click of flint lock pistol stills your blood.
"Hands to the back of your head and turn around slowly." a female voice whispers commands you.

What do you do?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 03:56:39 am »

On shit, guess we should comply for now.