Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: newbie area  (Read 580 times)

mineditall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eccentrix.com/members/kefka
newbie area
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:16:00 am »

i think it unlikely but it would be nice not to have to randomly find frogmen to practice on only to be slayed by the terrible whatits and instead be able to find a nice secluded area for newbie training grounds so that once past a certain "proficiency" of several skills one cannot learn or perhaps return to

so that all future adventures be not hours of hoarding and collecting just to be killed by 2 meandering zombies in a bloodlust for brains (ive seen a lovely marksdwarf have his brains instantly removed by 3 zombies - - lol) and make it a great training grounds for the unforgiving parade grounds that lie ahead

dont just behead, i behemoth!

Xeirxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: newbie area
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »

i don't think that this is important personally; some adventure games end up bad, some end up good. it's more realistic, IMO

Shador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 07:04:00 pm »

Perhaps someday adventurers will be able to join an army and engage in sparring sessions with the other soldiers, like dwarves do in dwarf mode.

Xeirxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 11:05:00 pm »

that would be an awesome idea. no newbie areas though, it seems like too much of a pre-planned 'easy spot in the road' for players. i like things to be easy or hard depending on my own choices, not depending on when the developers mean for it to be easy or hard.