Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extreme!  (Read 1240 times)

Frogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Extreme!
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:45:00 pm »

I decided that the humans were much too wussy, so I gave them the [NOPAIN] thing in the raw files.

And boy, was it awesome!

I started whipping some lizardmen (about four), but first my whip got stuck in one of their legs and then they ripped my arm off. Like that'd stop me!

I beat their faces in with my shield, and kept going until a giant toad sneak-attacked me from upstairs.

And ripped my leg off.

I went enraged and strangled it. I bashed a few more lizardmen down on my way out, and started crawling back to town, when a leopard and a jaguar found me.

So I strangled them, both at once - one with my remaining arm and the other with my remaining leg.

Yeah. [NOPAIN] is great.

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:46:00 pm »

Sounds pretty cool. Now did your limbs regenerate when you left the map, or are you crippled? :P

Frogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 04:08:00 pm »

I'm... crippled. Going to abandon the character now.

Interesting bug, though - when I enter an area, I'm standing up. And then, first thing that happens is that I fall down.

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 05:07:00 pm »

If I could find where skeletons are in the raw files, I would so make them playable. They lose limbs amazingly fast. (Where are they, by the way? I have a strange desire to play Zombie Dwarf Fortress...)

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 05:13:00 pm »

I believe zombie is a template it adds to things, such as dwarves and humans, and as such does not exist in the raw files.

Frogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 10:06:00 pm »

You can add the lose-limbs thing to any race with [SEVERONBREAKS].

Man, that'd make extreme situations even more common.

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 11:04:00 pm »

LOL, thanks for the tag Frogman! Ill definately be trying that one out.

Nobody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 12:37:00 am »

Y'know, it'd be cool if a situation like that could occur. I wish I had a better example at hand right now, but, a "The Crow"-esque thing, where and Adventurer rises from the grave to accomplish a task or protect something valuable or to avenge himself...

A very rare thing, should be reserved for epic heroes and maybe just a one in a million chance for newbies, but I think it'd be pretty kickass.

"Bu-Bu-But I killed you!"
"Just had to return the favor."
*Commence wrestling, eye gouging, bruising, etcetera.*

A HREF="http://www.adventuresofbrian.org<BR>">www.adventuresofbrian.org
 My Personal Exercise in Futility

"oh, but the knobby ends can all bite in yours, so it''s like... more advanced tentacle demons where they have lil mouths."
-Toady One

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 01:43:00 am »

Do you mean like,, adventure mode as an adventurer who has risen from the grave to avenge their death?

Sounds pretty risky, since humans, dwarves, and elves all hate undeads. Then again, it would be pretty cool to recruit undead to your party while in your hometowns, aka ruins.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 05:49:00 am »

"Tobul Bermosus has been attacked by own dead mother lately."

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 10:53:00 am »

Would be funny if they could get frost bite and then have that hand come back to avenge itself.

"Erith has been attacked by own hand lately"

ponpoko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 12:46:00 pm »

Man, I gotta try that.

Personally, I love making a playable species with biting as the main attack ([ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:6:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]), making a wrestler character, switching the combat settings to striking and just ripping your enemies to pieces with your goddamn teeth.