Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caves made me rich  (Read 1516 times)

grendel

Caves made me rich
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:31:00 pm »

I know there's not much love for caves on these forums and that's understandable, since, with the exception of kobold caves (which are certain death anyway), caves have nothing to loot.

There is a very very sweet exception, however. In some caves, the ones with chasm beasts, you occasionally run into iron men. When slain, iron men leave masterpiece iron statues behind. Although heavy, these statues are quite worth picking up, as they are highly valuable. One statue bought out an entire shop of bronze weapons, including one masterpiece mace.

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves made me rich
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 03:43:00 pm »

Nice. I have so much junk loot sitting in my inventory right now that I only pick up the 3 bar items (= plus -)and masterwork items. Also, I have a number of jewels from the kobold fortress (very risky since you can get instagibbed from the elite crowsbowman). I have all masterwork armor but I have the treasure in my inventory for when I finally find a masterwork sword and shield.

PvK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:19:00 pm »

In 21a I actually found some coins lying around, but maybe that was a Kobold cave.

However I am having a very hard time finding any humans at all. Lots of elves, ruins, caves, no humans.

Endovior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:44:00 pm »

I'd suspect that that's because humans live in towns, not caves.  You attack everyone else where they live, so you COULD try attacking the humans in their towns... it's just a really bad idea.

PvK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:12:00 am »

I found enough human towns in worlds made with earlier versions. In that version though, the world I generated, near where I started near the southern icy regions, there were no human towns. I had to travel a very long time before I found any human communities. Eventually I found some, though.