Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pyramids  (Read 988 times)

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Pyramids
« on: August 30, 2006, 03:28:00 am »

I was totally stoked when I encountered my first pyramid type ruin.   It was so beautiful, climbing up the steps and fighting off zombies and skeletons while collecting loot.  It seemed that enemies on other levels COULD attack you if you were near the edge, despite not being able to see them.  At the peak, I noticed stairs down and took them, and continued down inside the pyramid fighting more and more powerful undead beings.  It was very dramatic, especially if you visualized the dark and dingy interior, and whatnot.  I ended up leaving after becoming thirsty, but I will never forget how awesome that pyramid was.

I can imagine (And hope!) that in the future, there will be legendary pyramids of massive size, loaded up like abandoned cities with all sorts of mazelikes paths and whatnot inside.  At the core, of course, would be a dead king of ages past, decked out with gold and gems and splendor.  If you survive getting down- or perhaps even the encounter with said dead king.  Curses are curses, and all.

Just imagine the fun:

?Example Adventurer:  Was born 1045, vanished 1063 exploring the Tomb of Fantabulo.  Scholars are puzzled as to the sudden disseapearance of him and his companions.

?Fantabulo:  Born 566, died 630.  Was a powerful King, though not much is known about him.  His tomb was lavishly filled with riches, but is also said to be guarded by spirits.

?Fantabulos Tomb:  A Pyramid in the Desert of Painful Sun.  It is the final resting place of King Fantabulo.  It is said there is a curse upon it, though the song of riches lures many regardless.  Very few who go there return.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramids
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 03:53:00 am »

Now lets hope some the things in Adventure get translated to the fortress mode... Chasm mine carts and scaffolding construction, with a Fort reclaimation afterwards, anyone?  :p
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 03:58:00 am »

The great King Fantabulo died when his royal minecart got loose and flew off the scaffolding.

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:15:00 pm »

One thing that I have noticed about Legend mode is that the undead's deaths seem to be listed at the time they are killed as undead, not before. It would be much better to have "Foo, born year x, died year y. Raised as a skeleton by evil Necromancer Bar in year z; vanquished in the year w by (Your Adventurer's Name Here)."

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:05:00 am »

I've not yet encountered pyramids; however, I've encountered this small tower in the desert.
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 11:16:00 am »

Wow. Pyramids sure sound fun, but I have yet to encounter them. The most ive seen for now is a tower of undead. I was pretty surprised to fight up the outer levels and down the center levels to the bottom. Unless that was a pyramid and not a tower. What ruined it for me was that I had an elite wrestler (started out as a swordsman but lost his sword a while ago) and a hammer lord following me around. They immediately ran up the tower slaughtering all in their wake leaving me to collect goodies. All in all it was a pretty fun experience, I just wish I had more undead to slay.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 03:20:00 pm »

That was a pyramid indeed!

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile