Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Summoned creatures attack summoner despite being pets?  (Read 938 times)

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Summoned creatures attack summoner despite being pets?
« on: May 15, 2022, 10:22:08 am »

Noticed that if a creature can summon a creature like a human then the summon will work as intended, assisting the summoner in combat. But if a creature summons a modded creature (in this case, a 1 part blob that fires spinning rocks) the modded creature will attack the summoner rather then joining them in battle.

Has anybody else had this issue? I am not sure if there is a certain tag missing or a summon needs to have a brain/be intelligent to actually be allied. The summons are PET_EXOTIC with a pet value, like other summons I have made that work as intended.

Any help appreciated!

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Summoned creatures attack summoner despite being pets?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 12:28:29 pm »

Okay so I have a question are you testing in the arena or in a newly genned world, cause if it's in the arena and the summoner isn't on a team when you spawn them the summon will kill them without hesitation, but if they're on the same team it could be the interaction not knowing it needs to target only enemies, sorry if this is completely the wrong thing/not something helpful
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Mundus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Summoned creatures attack summoner despite being pets?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 02:05:29 pm »

I now feel like a real idiot because I never realised there was a team setting, I spawned them in a created world and it worked as intended and when I worked out how to create teams in arena it worked there. Thank you so much for your help Gnomedevourer!