Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help defending bay12 in reddit r/place (reddit april fools event)  (Read 676 times)

Meadsprayer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello, on this april fools day reddit opened r/place in reddit and r/dwarffortress and r/dwarffortressplace has been making dwarf smileys in the canvas just like last time it was open years ago. If you have free time it would be appreciated if anyone would help maintaining our art there.

The main coordination happens on r/dwarffortressplace discussion post which should be stickied on top of the list.

Our main foe is r/nba who are planning to draw their own artowork on top of our own 11 AM EST.

Thanks in advance.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

Threat the post above mentions is no longer present. r/nba has passively called off their planned assault. Since the canvas has very recently doubled in size, they simply chose to settle on the empty fresh expanse of the east.

They are no longer a threat to us. Dwarves survive to another day.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 12:09:42 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Toady doesn't really appreciate cross-site drama, even as a joke.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure this is just friendly competition, sorta like Colleges playing basketball against on another.
But sure, co-existence is fun too.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, it's over. We won in the end. Urist is immortalised for all of virtual eternity.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The whole story behind it is insane, some creepy guy with brain worms with a parasocial relationship towards a small youtuber.

I hate Reddit.

I too hate Reddit. But its sometimes worth it.

Yea, we kicked that guys and his bot armies asses away from our Urist. No one messes with a bad idea of forumites and gets away with it.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!