Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Amazing story  (Read 1766 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing story
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 12:44:00 am »

Putting things in the depot didn't work for me - having them in bins in a stockpile did. (Except that ammo bins DID stay in the depot. My adamantine equipment bins didn't, though)

You forgot another way to kill a demon:
1. Wear masterwork adamantine plate+chain and hide behind trees until the demon gets close, to reduce the number of fireballs that hit you. (I don't know if the armor actually reduces the amount of burning damage, but the one fireball that hit me gave me one yellow finger, and all other injuries were brown. It certainly helps protect you from any goblins who are around, though!)
2. Slice the demon in half on the first swing by using a masterwork adamantine short sword.  ;)

Screenshot of the death blow: http://www.screencast.com/t/5Xo6obd6jyz

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »

Legendary shield user nicely blocks even the dragonfire, the usual firebreath is a piece of cake.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 02:24:00 am »

Legendary shield user for a demon? HUH! Pathetic. A demon should not require you to go to such lengths to defeat it. You could defeat demons with a rubber duck.

Legendary shield usage should only be reserved for elite military cadres and even then, a real dwarf charges in with naught but his beer barrel!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by benoit.hudson:
<STRONG>

You brought an anvil, but no pick to dig out some stone?</STRONG>

I forget whether I did such a thing, or simply couldn't dig down fast enough, or was trying to just occupy the tower. I'll have to try something like that again sometime.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.
Pages: 1 [2]