Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Better Equipment  (Read 1192 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Better Equipment
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

I was wondering, how do you guys get better equipment in adventure mode?  I used to steal it, but I'd have to adventure in a new civ, because I'd alienate the old one, and I found a civ in probably the most awesome adventuring area ever, so I want to stay here.  GCS silk is another option, but I'm worried about archers.  Are there any safer ways?
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Better Equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:34:00 am »

You could patrol caves for iron men, but that can get bulky.  You could just decide to raid from another civ, but then you'd have to deal with human archers instead of goblin archers.  

Picking off a few goblin peasants from the outskirts and snatching every GCS silk item off them is generally safe enough, and the rewards for doing so aren't half bad.   Just stay out of the inner reaches and try to keep under cover at all times, and you should be fine.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 11:00:00 am »

You could attack some Dwarves with Steel Plate Armor on, one set of normal plate armor is worth 12k, and you can also get some shields and weapons in the process.

Also archers a bit less deadly when you can jump behind a pillar at any time in the Forts.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »

You could also take out a few human guards from the alienated civ and get their iron gear which sells quite well as well.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »

I usually roam the caves in search for ironmen. But it is very boring sometimes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 12:34:00 am »

Raid an old fort that has a lot of masterwork goodies.