Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: !!!FUN!!! With werebeavers…  (Read 1633 times)

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: !!!FUN!!! With werebeavers…
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2021, 05:50:25 am »

It seems like I shouldn’t have taken Mobbstar’s advice…

Oh geez, I really doomed a fortress there.  At least you got a proper hoedown.

When it comes to controlling visitors, I have practical experience to offer (based on monster slayers).
  • A burrow + alert can be used to keep all citizens from going to a meeting area, if that area is not in the burrow and not between two valid locations.  Similarly, a meeting zone can be deactivated to prevent citizens from seeking it out.
  • Idle visitors will usually seek out a meeting area (or hospital/unassigned bed), regardless of burrow or activeness.
  • (optional) Temporarily remove other meeting areas to funnel all visitors to the target location.
  • Doors along the way can be locked to isolate visitors.
  • Apply magma.  Any artifacts and steel equipment the monsterslayer carries do not melt.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2021, 01:05:38 am »

I rarely craft any armor from leather and have no observations about it. My "militia" uniforms are metal (mail shirt and boots) and bone (helm, gloves, and greaves). See this chart, it looks like bone is slightly better than leather but much worse than metal. My observations about bone armor came from a data extraction of my DF 45.nn gamelogs, where one set of bone greaves absorbed two bites from a werebeast but shattered on the third bite, and many single bites were deflected. But metal weapons could shatter bone greaves with one shot.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2021, 02:49:24 am »

Well, I’ve abandoned that fortress and started a new one in a new world.

The new fort’s first artifact is a yak bone greaves.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 [2]