Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Generation  (Read 558 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Generation
« on: December 18, 2021, 11:39:44 pm »

I don't know where to put this. Does anyone a world gen perimeter that would give me 1 central land mass with a desert in the middle and sporadic but not rare forests?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: World Generation
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 01:54:30 am »

The DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread is where I'd look for tips on that.  Modifying both the rainfall and drainage settings should give you the desert and forest conditions you're looking for, and possibly elevation settings could get you 1 central land mass.  Most of my world generations are 99% contiguous, which makes me wonder: do you get a bunch of islands in yours?  Or are you looking for a more uniform shape of the land mass?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Generation
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 11:44:47 am »

The DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread is where I'd look for tips on that.  Modifying both the rainfall and drainage settings should give you the desert and forest conditions you're looking for, and possibly elevation settings could get you 1 central land mass.  Most of my world generations are 99% contiguous, which makes me wonder: do you get a bunch of islands in yours?  Or are you looking for a more uniform shape of the land mass?

I get a large land mass with a large inland/surrounded ocean and then a number of smallish islands around the continent, Usually looks like a Y or U.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 11:46:32 am by locustgate »