Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Defending Charmedsack  (Read 1433 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Defending Charmedsack
« on: October 22, 2021, 11:49:46 am »

Wanted to give a public shout out to the absolute chad Aban Onuldakas, militia leader of the Cloudy Hammers.  He and his two mates, all new recruits in a barely-dug-in fortress, managed to take down a fire breathing sauropod FB with no injuries.

Aban, you are a prime example of why dwarves will never be overcome.  Well struck!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Defending Charmedsack
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 03:21:26 pm »

Wanted to give a public shout out to the absolute chad Aban Onuldakas, militia leader of the Cloudy Hammers.  He and his two mates, all new recruits in a barely-dug-in fortress, managed to take down a fire breathing sauropod FB with no injuries.
Bash the tankards and drain the kegs, that's a proper Dorf hunter

Aban, you are a prime example of why dwarves will never be overcome.  Well struck!
Remind yourself that losing is fun

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 03:29:11 pm »

Wow! That's exciting! How did they kill the FB? and What was the FB made of? Is there any explanation as to why they were able to kill it other than insane rolls?
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 07:57:21 pm »

I think they were able to beat it through amazingly good rolls and the Magic Power of Shields(tm).  Shields protect against a lot of fire, and one of them got a lucky hit early on in the thing's neck.  It was just amazing that it wasn't the insta-wipe I figured was coming  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 06:56:09 pm »

Direct fire almost never kills a dwarf. Shields are OP.
Things get different when things on the ground start to burn. Dwarfs often will get caught in the smoke and fire. Dwarfs are strong, but not very smart ;-)
You choose your battlegrounds wisely (or you had a lot of luck :D )