Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anime Arms Race Core  (Read 1498 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race Core
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2021, 07:40:50 pm »

Technically team B has reached a consensus too and has since before team A did anything because I'm the only one there...

I guess that means I can update tomorrow right?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2021, 07:56:31 pm »

Probably, but it's a bit sad. That said, I just went with the one other person wrote, so..

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 08:52:02 am »

Well in that case I'm excited for the update. I'm curios what side A has gone for though...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 12:10:33 am »

Proud and noble, the Empire of Jingay is undergoing extensive westernization under the wise command of its young emperor Eiji "Ted" Yamamoto. These reforms where proceeding smoothly until the timely invasion of the Provina Confederation - a union consisting of multiple smaller states that vary from kingdoms to republics. Strangely the young Emperor found that each member of the Confederation and its allies had a different stated reason for this war, with even different implied reasons among both the populace and ruling class. Faced with this odd reality he was forced to conclude that they are not only weebs who are truly invading to stop his glorious occidentalization, but they are FURRY WEEBS invading to stop his glorious occidentalization due to the large variety of animal people in the Confederation. Support for war among the populace of Jingay has been described as "frighteningly high".

Meanwhile the true cause of both the confusion and invasion was the vampiress Amber Hawkins - effectively the true ruler pf the Provina Confederation manipulating its members from the shadows. With her grasp now absolute she seeks to expand her influence to the rest of the world. Starting with the neighboring Empire of Jingay.

Will the Empire fall to the combined forces of the Confederation and its allies? Will the Confederation be destroyed by the young Emperor? Will Stirk get bored and quit half way? Only time will tell.

Map:
        AC
A1     A2     A3
A4     A5     A6
B4     B5     B6
B1     B2     B3
        BC

AC: Heian-Style Castle Refurbished to look like a Western Castle on a ridge overlooking the head of a river
A1: Mountains
A2: Highlands with pastures
A3: Mountains
A4: Mountains
A5: Valley floor, lakes, river.
A6: Mountains

BC: Veloxflumine, the political capital of the alliance.
B1: Mountains (with cities for winged creatures)
B2: Alverlon Ruins
B3: Floating Islands (with cities)
B4: Hills with caves (and occasionally settlements)
B5: Flat farmland with a few mountains
B6: Coastal Lowlands

That mostly fits together as a coherent map!

Forces on both sides have already begun deployment to the border region and regional skirmishes have occasionally broken out. The eyes of the world are now turned to the involved nations and their allies in anticipation.

It is now Protagonist Phase 1.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 12:18:37 am »

Rule change discussion!

Since the Traits are ultimately not tied to the Power roll unlike traditional arms races, should I tell you the Power roll before you make Ps and SCs so you can change your character description to fit how strong they currently are, or would you rather keep it the way it is and make your characters not knowing what the Power will be?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 12:27:04 am »

I kind of enjoy not knowing.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 12:29:22 am »

I kind of like not knowing as well, though there is an argument to be made there...Though, then again, it should be noted that a single character is worth entire companies worth of people, so even with 1 power, they are at least equivalent to an elite soldier if nothing else.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 08:09:54 am »

Same, don't know ahead of time~
Pages: 1 [2]