Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What the hell is going on? What do these religious assholes' want from me?  (Read 1759 times)

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://imgur.com/a/bU7YrwN
Can someone explain? These guys show up and literally turn people into werebeasts or even worse. They bring nothing but terror. Worse than goblins.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Hmm... So sepulcher stalker and frozen one are two different types of intelligent undead (presumably from two different necromancers who read two different slabs).

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Intelligent_undead

However, making werebeasts isn't a power of theirs. What exactly are they doing? What messages are popping up? They're guests so, they shouldn't really be doing anything besides drinking your booze.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They could also be werebeasts with the picture taken while in their natural form? If so it is just bad luck, there is only a very low chance for visitors to be werebeasts

Syndic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the abbot I assume is here because you allowed guests in the restrictions of one of your temples.
That, or you allowed them into your tavern or library, and he's just incidentally an abbot? Not sure if that can happen.

If he's a werebeast... that's entirely independent of his visit, and really bad luck I would think?

As for the intelligent undead... I haven't had any of THOSE as visitors, but I could imagine it happening. Roll a random historical(?) person as visitor, world gen had a necromancer running around creating intelligent undead, and voila here you go. RNGeesus sent you an undead visitor. Or apparently two.

Unless you're running !!fun!! mods, I think you got absurdly unlucky with the dice rolls on your visitors. Or your entire world did during worldgen - if you somehow managed to generate a world with (almost?) only werebeasts and intelligent undead surviving, that'd be nice horrible for the poor dwarves living there (but still quite fun)

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the abbot I assume is here because you allowed guests in the restrictions of one of your temples.
That, or you allowed them into your tavern or library, and he's just incidentally an abbot? Not sure if that can happen.

If he's a werebeast... that's entirely independent of his visit, and really bad luck I would think?

As for the intelligent undead... I haven't had any of THOSE as visitors, but I could imagine it happening. Roll a random historical(?) person as visitor, world gen had a necromancer running around creating intelligent undead, and voila here you go. RNGeesus sent you an undead visitor. Or apparently two.

Unless you're running !!fun!! mods, I think you got absurdly unlucky with the dice rolls on your visitors. Or your entire world did during worldgen - if you somehow managed to generate a world with (almost?) only werebeasts and intelligent undead surviving, that'd be nice horrible for the poor dwarves living there (but still quite fun)
https://imgur.com/a/NURxyJb
Fun intensifies!
Now they're on my side.