Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-Human Quests  (Read 1211 times)

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-Human Quests
« on: April 10, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »

After doing several quests for a human region I tried looking for more by visiting the Elves but I got lost in the 'town' and couldn't find the leader anywhere. The dwarven locations are a practical enigma for me, they're laid out like a bunker, span dozens of Z-levels in pitch-darkness housing a complex rooming pattern and contain no dwarves or items at all. I visited two, and the first was boarded up tight.

What is the deal with these areas? As a side note, is there a King I could find, and what would be the quickest way to find a mega-beast?

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Human Quests
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:16:00 pm »

Elven "towns" are pretty boring, but they're generally small enough for you to find the leader. Just wander around persistently.

Mountainhomes, on the other hand... no. Just no. There are patterns, if you look - there's the initial pit-entry, then a series of pillar-lined corridors, punctuated with ramps leading downward. All the rest are bedrooms. But they're immense to the point of madness, sparsely populated, and the leaders can be anywhere. They're exponentially larger than elven retreats/human towns with equivalent populations.

Don't bother.

Not sure about the mega-beasts. Sometimes they're in caves.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 11:55:00 pm »

The one thing about Dwarf pit underworlds is if you get lucky,they might have a bunch of dwarves and monsters,finding things to fight in these can be a bitch but they make for a excellent dungeon experience.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 12:41:00 am »

What I do to make leaders easier to find is have Elves and Dwarves build regular Human-style cities.

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:31:00 pm »

And how do you do that?

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 12:39:00 am »

Mod them to LIKES_SITE:CITY instead of whatever they've got.  Also TOLERATES_SITE:CITY
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster