Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Apparently I don't understand the REACTION_CLASS token  (Read 1168 times)

0wolfmoon0

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I made a mod metalsmithing in adventure mode. It used to work, but it has since stopped working and I can't figure out the problem.

Here's the offending raw in particular:
[REACTION:METAL_SALVAGE_ADVENTURE]
   [NAME:salvage metal bars]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [BUILDING:CARPENTER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:item:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:METAL]
   [REAGENT:fuel:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:75:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:item:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:1]
   [SKILL:SMELT]
   [CATEGORY:ADV_METALSMITH]
   [CATEGORY_NAME:Metalsmithing]
   [CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Smithing with Metal.]

Everything works except for the first reagent. In the past, I could take an item made of metal and use this to craft it (and one log) into a corresponding metal bar, but the first reagent no longer accepts any metal items. I suspect it's the REACTION_CLASS token, but I can't figure out why or what else is wrong. Can anyone else see what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I was a dumb who forgot that metal isn't a reaction class in vanilla and I had to add it in.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:13:04 pm by 0wolfmoon0 »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: [SOLVED] Apparently I don't understand the REACTION_CLASS token
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 02:52:15 pm »

[PRODUCT:75:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:item:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:1]
Remark: BAR items normally have a dimension of 150, so what you're producing is effectively a tiny sliver of an ingot (of which you would need 150 in order to create a single sword).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

0wolfmoon0

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Apparently I don't understand the REACTION_CLASS token
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 03:01:52 pm »

Remark: BAR items normally have a dimension of 150, so what you're producing is effectively a tiny sliver of an ingot (of which you would need 150 in order to create a single sword).

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm not sure why I did that. It works fine in adventure mode for my purposes, but it should still be the correct dimensions for best practices if nothing else.