Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Viability Question  (Read 987 times)

Durmatagno

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep Canceled: Playing Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
Viability Question
« on: October 24, 2021, 02:12:59 am »

So I had an idea, and I want to see if other people (Especially those with knowledge of Syndromes and DF modding in genreal) even think it's remotely possible before I even try to figure out how to make it work.

The idea was a liquid (Maybe a type of Alcohol) that when coating a creature, causes it to age at an accelerated rate.

It'd almost certainly have to be a syndrome effect, but how it works only when spilled and not drank (If gone the alcohol route, if possible) is one hurdle. The other is if such a syndrome is even possible. When targeting children/babies, it grows them into adults faster, but if allowed to be a regional or breath weapon, it could result in death from rapid aging.

The idea was to use it on caged animals to allow a more robust meat industry, as well as a excruciating method of execution (Using DFhack to clean the spill, which is done by dumping the liquid on a restrained target)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viability Question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 06:51:14 am »

Nope, you'd probably have to resort to DFhack to make such a thing possible. There aren't any syndromic tokens that affect age, though you could in theory raise the creatures muscle mass to maximum in order to have a larger return as relative size of muscle = meat.

Edit: You can alter height, width, length, though this a relatively sloppy fix also, as it simply stretches out the existing CM3 in a slight movement of the X and Y axis.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 06:56:05 am by FantasticDorf »