Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An epic tale of... ok, just a tale.  (Read 1203 times)

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An epic tale of... ok, just a tale.
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:02:00 pm »

I created an Elven adventurer, no skills in armor but plenty in swordcraft, shieldcraft, and enough in swimcraft to prevent me from drowning immediately should I fall in water. A pocket world, so sure enough, the Elf town I started in was empty. So were the first two human towns I went to, but at them at least I got to switch my wooden sword for an Exceptional bismuth bronze one and to get four iron shields. The next town had people and a mayor, who told me to go and kill a minotaur. Took two drunks with me to that cave, they died in there (naked mole dogs!), but I didn't find the Minotaur.

So, I went to the town just south of the cave. Go to the cave where you killed that named naked mole dog, and kill the Minotaur who lives there! Brought one drunk with me.

No Minotaur. It was a huge and confusing cave system, so I went "Screw it" and slept right at the entrance, hoping for the Minotaur to wander by and attack me. I awoke to, well, there was blood and bits of my drunken friend everywhere, but whatever it was that had slain him had passed right by me. Odd. Searched some more, still no Minotaur.

Bah! This was boring! So I went to another human town. Go kill a giant! Huzzah, a different cave! Went there, slew the giant, carried his corpse back with me. Good job, now, go kill that Minotaur.

Grrr. Another fruitless search for that Minotaur, then I went to yet another town. Kill an Ettin! Ok, did that easily, went back to the mayor, was he going to send me to kill that same gosh darned Minotaur? Nah, nothing bothering them he says. Ok. So I went searching for a Dark Fortress, found one, slaughtered everybody (at least somewhat by throwing giant and ettin corpses at them) except for the Demon, who was nowhere to be found. Alright, went to another Dark Fortress, slaughtered everyone there, including the Demon, who this time showed up, flew above me, rained fireballs down on me, came down to wrestle, got knocked unconcsious and strangled to death. The damage to me? A singed leg. By this point I'm feeling like taking on the world...

Or at least that gosh darned Minotaur!

tl;dr, how do I found quest monster? Really, I need to find him, if only to die at his hands (hooves?)!

[ April 08, 2008: Message edited by: Abyss ]

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An epic tale of... ok, just a tale.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »

look everywhere they love to hide its so annoying just keep going through the cave/fortress there in and you'll find them at some point
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »

It's a minotaur.

They live in labyrinths.

Good luck.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Abyss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

No luck. My guy fell (literally) in a battle with a squad of goblin guards with crossbows and their pet demon. He survived the fall, but couldn't quite block bolts with his then fifteen shields while stunned, and all it took was one going through to kill him instantly. Maybe he shoulda worn some armor under those shields.... naaah, I like the crazy naked Elf concept.

That Minotaur is still at large. Guess I'll have to make a wrestler named Theseus to take him out...

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:20:00 am »

For me hardest to find was a dragon. I scanned whole caverns 2 times and no luck.
I made about 10 other quests, cleared couple of goblin forts and decided to go back to dragon hunt.
While searching for him in labyrinth, I suddedntly got the message about dragon scorching some montain goat. That sneaky lizard was outside all the time.