Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Double-click to select all of an item type  (Read 1314 times)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Double-click to select all of an item type
« on: October 01, 2021, 01:58:20 pm »

Right now it looks like you can select everything on screen with a click and drag, but often you want to get all of one type of thing which is difficult.  For example if you mine out a large area you have mostly stone and some ore and gems. If you want to dump all the stone you have to click each to mark; or select everything, mark them, then unmark the smaller amounts of gem & ore (and dropped pick and clothes); or go into the inventory and mark all that item on entire map.  In Rimworld you can simply double-click the stone and select all of that type of stone (I'd recommend on screen not map), and mark them as dump/hide/forbid and you've cleaned up quickly and easily.

That is assuming there isn't already a double-click function planned, but any way to select all of one item type would be a big improvement.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Double-click to select all of an item type
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 06:14:42 am »

I believe many RTSs use shift + click, which would also be a comfortable command.

I agree that mass-selection would be nice - though how would it work with DF's quality and wear attributes? You may want to select all non-masterworks for dumping/melting, for example.