Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: new adventure mode  (Read 2535 times)

BlueDestiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: new adventure mode
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 01:26:00 am »

How do you guys get a quest from the high priests? They just give me lifestyle advice.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 03:24:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sheogorath:
<STRONG>I found a village where everyone worshiped the god of lies, or maybe they were just lying. (It's hard to tell)</STRONG>

My brain just got caught in an infinite loop. These new temples and religions add such incredible originality to each town. I even have a favorite; it has the remarkably well named "Chapel of the Stars" where the people worship the God of Storms, Anu. I don't think it's a coincidence that the town is right by the ocean, either. It's very immersive (the new features, as well as the ocean I suppose).

Sadly I'm still trying to find my adventurers I left in that town, as simple movement is extremely slow with my computer and thrice worse in a city.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 04:56:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>I found a village where everyone worshiped the god of lies, or maybe they were just lying. (It's hard to tell)</STRONG>

This sentence is a lie.
 :D

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Will

• Bay Watcher
  • Carp Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 06:34:00 am »

My first quest was to kill a goblin macelord, when I got there the goblins where fighting korbalds that had build a fortress just a little bit east, then after that battle a giant bat came out of a cavern and attacked the macelord, the macelord won then I killed him. Still it was cool to see warring factions even if it not really in yet.

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: Will ]

ZedPower

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 07:52:00 am »

The first NPC I chatted up was a priest of Loli. The last thing he said to me was "Experience Loli."

In the world-history file, the ruler list for this civilization reads:

quote:

• Ape Testedautumn (b.??? d. 82, Reign Began: 1), *** Original Line, Married (d. 39)
         10 Children (out-lived 2 of them) -- Ages at death: 81 80 (d. 75) 78 77 76 75 (d. 80) 73 72
         Worshipped Loli (100%)

• Thabi Bottledsoothe (b.2 d. 97, Reign Began: 82), Inherited from mother, Married (d. 77)
         10 Children (out-lived 2 of them) -- Ages at death: 82 81 (d. 85) 79 (d. 90) 77 76 75 74 73
         Worshipped Loli (100%)

• Ngekil Creamsowl (b.16 d. 136, Reign Began: 97), Inherited from father, Married (d. 112)
         7 Children (out-lived 5 of them) -- Ages at death: (d. 124) 103 102 (d. 95) (d. 104) (d. 120) (d. 131)
         Worshipped Loli (100%)
  • And it goes on and on. Loli worshippers, nearly all of them. The others worship Accok, god of birth and children.   :eek:

A neighboring human kingdom is "the Nation of Boys". One of their gods is Maga the Wild Gristle of Nudities, deity of lust and depravity.

Man I can't wait for rest of the army arc, if it'll allow me to wipe them out.

[ February 06, 2008: Message edited by: ZedPower ]

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
    • High Priest of The Endcat
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 08:50:00 am »

Found a town with a huge temple. Next to the temple was a big tower with a hole in it leading way down with a small pool on the bottom. The temple was dedicated to the god of flying and diseases. I was told that the temple was near the disased pool. So did the priests dive from the tower into the pool as a way to learn to fly? :)
    The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • I don't really have any answers for you.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 10:16:00 am »

A stood behind the High Priest. And hit him with my hammer. And sent him flying into the pool in the middle of the temple. I proceeded to butcher every other priest and throw them in, too. Then I jumped in and died.
    I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
    Kobold Name Generator
    ⚔Dueling Blades⚔
    Fertile Lands
    The Emerald Isles

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »

quote:

Ask them about the cake(Portal refference)

Code: [Select]
    Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
    .....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
    ......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
    .☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
    .....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
    ....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
    Pages: 1 [2]