Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to sell animals ?  (Read 1151 times)

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to sell animals ?
« on: August 17, 2021, 06:03:57 pm »

I have some animals I want to sell.

Do I build 1 cage per animal, then deconstruct the cage (thereby making it get placed in the "animal" stockpile"), and then trade the cages ?

Can I put more than 1 animal in each cage ?

Will the traders actually take the animals in trade ?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to sell animals ?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 01:52:21 am »

To get the animals into the cages, you'll have to construct them first, as you suggest, and, again, deconstruct the cages to make them available for hauling (to stockpiles as well as the trade depot: a stockpile isn't required for the cages to be available to the depot, but a anything not in a stockpile that's marked for hauling to one remains unavailable until that task has been performed).

You can definitely cram as many animals as you like into a cage. I don't think I've tried to sell multi animal cages, but I believe it's possible to do (and yes, you can definitely sell animals). Note, however, that you can't sell untamed animals, and that includes ones that were tamed when hauled to the trade depot, but reverted to wild before the actual trading took place. If you designate a cage with an untamed creature (such as e.g. a goblin or troll) for hauling the trade depot the morons remove the creature from the cage and then hauls the cage itself to the trade depot (and released gobbos aren't just going to silently sneak away). I believe selling a cage containing a reverted animal results in the animal being released in the trade depot, which isn't exactly desirable.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to sell animals ?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »

I don't think I've tried to sell multi animal cages, but I believe it's possible to do (and yes, you can definitely sell animals).

Success...

The local elf queen is going to receive a gift of a cage full of spiders.