Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Take the weapons out of military equipment  (Read 722 times)

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Take the weapons out of military equipment
« on: August 25, 2021, 07:17:45 pm »

One of the biggest problems with the uniform application process is that it overwrites the weapons I have chosen for my units. I usually have weapons chosen either individually per unit, or at least melee/ranged chosen individually per unit. When my armor technology improves, I'd love to update my uniform (or make a new one) and apply it to my squads. But them I have to set all the weapon choices again.

How about if the weapons were chosen a different way? Perhaps each unit, even civilians, could have a "Tool/Weapon" slot that you could put whatever into, similarly to how weapons are chosen for military equipment. This could help relieve the problem with miners/hunters/woodcutters in the military, because if you had someone in one of those jobs with the wrong tool, you could get spam "XXX cancels Mine: No pick assigned". Also you could then arm your civilians, which would be handy, even if they are unskilled with them.

I did find this other much more comprehensive thread with other ideas for civilian tools. But I thought the simplicity of only just removing weapons from the military equipment (which could be renamed to "military armor" or just "armor") seemed like it (hopefully) is a more compelling idea by itself.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: Take the weapons out of military equipment
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 04:43:37 am »

Any solution to let us armour the vulnerable hunters and woodcutters is welcome.

Is there any chance civilian labours will require clothing equipment in the future?