Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Killed Nearly Everyone In Dark Fortress But It Lagged When I Returned  (Read 969 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile

When I finished killing nearly everyone it was DAY and it was no longer lagging. I returned few days or a single week later at night to finish of remaining survivors.

Upon getting close to main tower it lags so hard that I have to wait 30 seconds before moving one tile. I also noticed that the tower randomized it's layout since last visit. Some corpses are in the walls. Do corpses cause lag or did trolls and beak dogs respawned already awoken?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe being transformed into weremamooth form lags the tower for some bizzare reason.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 06:54:04 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

Are you sure you killed absolutely everyone? Keep in mind that only a fraction of a site's entire population will be visible at any one time.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you sure you killed absolutely everyone? Keep in mind that only a fraction of a site's entire population will be visible at any one time.

Wait, you mean that a maximum of for example 2000 can spawn while the rest can spawn only after revisiting?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

Pretty much, you usually need to make several trips to a settlement in order to successfully genocide it (small enough sites like hamlets and castles might be an exception?).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:09:02 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much, you usually need to make several trips to a settlement in order to successfully genocide it (small enough sites like hamlets and castles might be an exception?).

Damn. Why did Toady gave them so many trolls and beak dogs as if they were unable to breed?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile

It's not so much that they're breeding and more that you're meant to understand the remaining populace was always there in the background, just not visible to your adventurer.