Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Trapped in the Infinite IKEA [Suggestion Game]  (Read 3018 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped in the Infinite IKEA [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2021, 05:12:57 pm »

The blue resin is interesting, and has potential applications.

Inquire if it is safe to handle for extended periods, then collect a sample.

(at least, that is what I would do, but then again, I am a closet chemistry nerd. I am curious if it can be dissolved again. If so, it could have a wide range of applications, from glue to textiles. Sadly our protag is not a closet chemistry nerd.)

Even if the sample is not immediately useful to us, the fact that it hardens into lightweight, but hard and durable structures, means we can still fashion it into a prison shank.

(Take a sample from a reasonably large pool on the floor, before it fully hardens. Let it harden some after dislodging it, but not fully. Set it back down on the floor, then step on one side, while lifting up on the other, to snap it in half along the edge of our foot.  Repeat with the other side, with the objective of producing a crude blade shape. Wrap the fat end of the resulting pointy blue wedge. One prison shank.) 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:16:02 pm by wierd »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2021, 01:34:52 am »

"Why do you call them builders and the others beacons, what do they build?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2021, 06:40:20 pm »

The blue resin is interesting, and has potential applications.

Inquire if it is safe to handle for extended periods, then collect a sample.

(at least, that is what I would do, but then again, I am a closet chemistry nerd. I am curious if it can be dissolved again. If so, it could have a wide range of applications, from glue to textiles. Sadly our protag is not a closet chemistry nerd.)

Even if the sample is not immediately useful to us, the fact that it hardens into lightweight, but hard and durable structures, means we can still fashion it into a prison shank.

(Take a sample from a reasonably large pool on the floor, before it fully hardens. Let it harden some after dislodging it, but not fully. Set it back down on the floor, then step on one side, while lifting up on the other, to snap it in half along the edge of our foot.  Repeat with the other side, with the objective of producing a crude blade shape. Wrap the fat end of the resulting pointy blue wedge. One prison shank.)
+1
"Why do you call them builders and the others beacons, what do they build?"
Ask this while grabbing the sample

If successful in shank making, try to see if w e can dissect the thing that she killed. Does it have organs? Where’s the blue stuff made at? we could maybe find an older corpse, since they would’ve searched an older corpse for prey already and won’t likely search the same corpse again, don’t worry about that right now though, just focus on the question and shank making
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 03:17:40 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2021, 02:10:52 am »

I don't really think we have time to dissect the thing, because more might show up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2021, 03:14:30 am »

Oh, fair point. Suggestion edited
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 03:18:03 am by Naturegirl1999 »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2021, 07:23:05 am »

You decide to act like this is the most natural thing in the world, because it seems to be more productive than freaking the hell out. And what do you do in a natural situation when you see a corpse?

Well, assuming you don't need to call the cops...

And assuming that it's not human at all and some alien monstrosity from hell...

You don't have any sharp instruments on you to do the dissection, however, so you have to ask the girl to do it for you.

"Hey, uh, can you take a sample of that thing, while you're at it?"

The girl stares at you for a moment like you grew a new pair of creepy elongated arms, "What? Why? It's not edible, if you're thinking of..."

"No! That's... I wasn't thinking of eating it! I just want a sample, for uh, you know, science. See what they're made of." You hurriedly explain to the teen.

She still doesn't seem to be less creeped out, but she does cut a very small piece of the creature's skin for you. You almost ask her to get some of its flesh too when you look over at the corpse and see that its tissue seem to have the same consistency everywhere, with no signs of any bones. That, and you guess it'd be asking her a bit much to cut out more with what appears to be a sharpened piece of metal wrapped in cloth and duct tape.

You also attempt to pry out the goo on the floor, but it's stuck fast. Might as well be part of the floor. You don't want to think about how difficult it's gonna be to remove the bits and pieces on you. It was nowhere that hard a few minutes ago!

"So uh, why do you call them builders anyways? What do they build? And the beacons, too, why are they called that?" You ask the girl.

She sighs as she finishes cutting the last piece of clothing from the corpse. They seem to have some of the hardened shards on them, so you suppose you won't be completely empty-handed. "Wow, you're really curious, aren't you? You know what, I'll tell you when we're at the fortress."

"Fortress?"

"Yeah," she says, dropping the pile of bloodied clothing into a backpack you didn't see earlier. "You'll be safe-ish there. Assuming you keep quiet and don't get us killed on the way there."

She stops suddenly, and you could've sworn she sniffed the air like a bloodhound. "Aw, fuck. Run!"

She bolts off into a hallway.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2021, 09:40:23 am »

Follow her
((Yay, this is alive!))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2021, 03:45:37 am »

Get to the choppa fortress!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2021, 07:05:13 am »

You decide not to wait around ot find out what it was that spooked the kid off, and ran after her. You hear a loud squelching noise in the distance and see the girl round a corner, apparently not exactly waiting for you to catch up. Summoning your primal reserves for survival, you grit your teeth and sprinted. -You're not exactly in shape, but you were able to keep up as she runs into an open space and up a few flights of escalators. Those things are pretty painful to get up when they're powered off. Before you could wonder where you were going, she ducks into a men's restroom (not the one you saw earlier), and places her back against the furthest end of the room.

"Uhhh... I thought we were going to the fortress?" You ask.

"Lead that thing into the fortress? I'd rather die. And we would die, I mean," she says. "Cleaners- ironically, can't fit into most restrooms. So-"

As you turn to see the source of the loud, wet slap, you see what you would describe as a gigantic, yellow sponge with sponge tentacles trying to reach for you two.

"-It'll get tired eventually..." She rolls her eyes. "Great. I was hoping this would be a quick supply run."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2021, 02:18:33 am »

Ask how many different kinds of monsters live in this place and see if there's something in here we could use as a weapon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]