Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Important buildings being destroyed during persecutions  (Read 1080 times)

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Important buildings being destroyed during persecutions
« on: May 11, 2021, 05:48:30 pm »

There's this human named Nashra, she is lady of a certain hamlet.

Then, she joined a cult dedicated to the deity Atir, and that cult operates at the same meadhall that her throne is located. Let's call this cult Atir1.

Then, a new cult is formed, dedicated to Atir as well. This one is Atir2.

40 years later, another cult is formed, also dedicated to Atir (Atir3).

The next year, Nashra decides to persecute Atir2, scattering the members around. However, the legends log says that the meadhall along other smaller sacred sites were destroyed.

17 years later, Nashra persecutes Atir3 as well, again destroying the meadhall.

Looking at other legends entries, it seems that even taverns and markets are getting destroyed during persecutions, which is pretty weird to me. Why would a lady wreck her own ruling place to scatter some rival cultists from the same deity?

Also, what exactly trigger persecutions? Is it members of nobility afraid of being overthrown by the cult? Or is it members of other cults normally?
I've seen many cases where in adv-mode the locals claim that a religious group rules the site, instead of the government group.
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Important buildings being destroyed during persecutions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 06:24:33 pm »

Honestly, it sounds like the history of Christianity to me. In other words, sounds like the real world.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Important buildings being destroyed during persecutions
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 07:45:59 pm »

Looking at other legends entries, it seems that even taverns and markets are getting destroyed during persecutions, which is pretty weird to me. Why would a lady wreck her own ruling place to scatter some rival cultists from the same deity?

Not uncommon, indeed.