Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Fort is full of necromancers  (Read 2013 times)

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Fort is full of necromancers
« on: May 20, 2021, 07:07:43 pm »

Within my first two immigration waves I got three necromancers, already revealted, enyas and all- whats going on?

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: My Fort is full of necromancers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 10:13:10 pm »

I've had it happen before. Someone knocked over a necromancy tower, then the slab got brought to the Mountainhomes (I guess, or somewhere) and everyone who wanted something to read became a necromancer, then went on a migration wave. Mine was the most peaceful fort in history, that particular time (I had settled somewhere safe and damp in order to mess around with aquifers and salt water, without being disturbed) so not much else happened. Would be different if I'd been in a place with annual goblin siege I suspect: Reanimations-R-us and all that.

I say, have fun with it! Put them in the military, and have some real Dwarf Fortress !fun!
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 02:18:10 pm »

I knocked over a necro tower with my current fort and had something like 30 dwarves learn necromancy in a year's time.  It ended up being a lot of trouble though, because they'd keep reanimating corpses during sieges.  It caused a lot of extra injuries to my soldiers.  I ended up exiling all the necromancers and forbidding the books with secrets because of the problems.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 12:44:07 pm »

I'm just chaining them up in a deep vault wrapped around the magma pipe, myself. Channels being prepared. They're gonna get the ole "noble treatment."

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 07:27:51 am »

I say, have fun with it! Put them in the military, and have some real Dwarf Fortress !fun!
There is a glitch right now where necromancers will continously kill and revive the same enemy, until it inevitably kills them.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 12:26:25 pm »

There is a glitch right now where necromancers will continously kill and revive the same enemy, until it inevitably kills them.

That is an understatement.  That's pretty much the problem I had with the necromancers, they kept reviving the same enemies over and over.  I had to basically use my axedwarves to chop the enemies into pieces until there was nothing left to keep reviving.  I've got dwarves in my military right now that have 60+ notable kills, and often many of those kills are the same enemy killed 20-30 times.  You should have seen the massive wall of text it generated under the dwarf thoughts to kill the same enemy over and over again and then be attacked by the dead enemy over and over again.  Luckily, that cleared up.  On the bright side, I've got elite military dwarves with long names wielding named weapons, and who don't really care about anything anymore now.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath