Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rimworld MarsX: Mars Colony (total conversion mod)  (Read 4850 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld MarsX: Mars Colony (total conversion mod)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 12:33:48 pm »

How does the AWG work? I'm playing moon so I have to go at water production this way.

I've got it built inside my base, no water's being produced even though atmospheric vapour is high 90s
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 12:57:10 pm »

How does the AWG work? I'm playing moon so I have to go at water production this way.

I've got it built inside my base, no water's being produced even though atmospheric vapour is high 90s

Yeah, that is one reason the moon is more a showcase than playable. Only mars is gameplay playable. AWG doesn't work.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 05:50:23 pm »

Added info to OP that only 15% of the content is in. Still a lot of content but things like the moon should be locked and there are some bugs with humidity, and does look like some mods do actually work (vegetable garden actually works by default, but not 100% of it).

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2021, 06:40:45 pm »

Is there a particular reason this isn't updated on the Workshop?
I also enjoyed this back in the Alpha days (17, iirc), so PTW.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2021, 07:37:08 pm »

Is there a particular reason this isn't updated on the Workshop?
I also enjoyed this back in the Alpha days (17, iirc), so PTW.

Hm, probably too unfinished to be put up tbh and he isnt able to update it until he gets all the parts that go into the mod up to date. A mod wouldnt survive (or looked too kindly upon anyway) being uploaded without even half the features/content in and then left unintended for coming on 2 years, even if the dev is kinda working on it even if not directly.

Like...the moon shouldnt be playable, its a test demo. I think thats one of the bigger ones, plus humidity and one mechanic of water being flat out broken.

Still despite that, if it was updated more, then I'd be a lot more confused why it isnt more available to the "public". Its still an amazing mod. But as it is, seems more like he does it in his spare time as a hobby tbh. Wouldnt be surprised if it goes into abandoned status sadly, most things end up that way in this state.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 07:41:35 pm by The_Explorer »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 02:57:52 pm »

I believe Dubs is presently working on the sub-mods (Hygeine, skylights, etc.) and getting them into as good a position as he can before continuing on MarsX, so I'd be unsurprised if he's waiting to get back to it before going for a Steam release.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 03:01:25 pm »

I believe Dubs is presently working on the sub-mods (Hygeine, skylights, etc.) and getting them into as good a position as he can before continuing on MarsX, so I'd be unsurprised if he's waiting to get back to it before going for a Steam release.

yeah pretty much this. I do really hope he doesn't abandon it, I'm just cynical :P But the mod is amazing as it is, but super looking forward to the eventual update
Pages: 1 [2]