Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help trying to rescale ShizzleClean_text  (Read 1001 times)

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help trying to rescale ShizzleClean_text
« on: April 18, 2021, 06:26:34 pm »

Hey, i havent played DF for many years, but was quite into modding it back in the day, tho a lot has been forgotten, such as what precise formats should be used!

I'm recently playing again with the Vettlingr 32x32 tileset, and the ShizzleClean_text font.
Though im finding the font to be a bit too large (but i love how readable the letters are).

I tried rescaling it in photoshop to the same exact pixel size as the vanilla curses800x600 file, but no matter what i try (either constraining the ratio, or not) i keep getting tiny slivers of the letters at the top and bottom, as if the tiles arent aligned, even though the only thing i've done is scale it down.

Any help getting the ShizzleClean font to the same size as curses800x600? And/or to a 16x16 size? Thanks!

Edit: okay so, i guess ShizzleClean_text is a 16x20 size, im trying to get it down a few notches, to like a 12x16 or something.
What really confuses me about this whole thing is that, i'm comparing to other fonts like Nagidal24x24shadeBeards which is a 24x24 font, and it looks SMALLER ingame than the 16x20 font..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 07:00:48 pm by Baleur »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help trying to rescale ShizzleClean_text
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 07:56:56 pm »

Here's what automated resizing gets you:

Maybe it'd be better to pick out something designed for the size you want.

Here's Lord Nightmare/Victor-Sirius 10x16:

Here's Cooz Curses 14x16:
Spoiler: Cooz Curses 14x16 (click to show/hide)

And here's a few made by me:

Spoiler: Jecobus 10x16 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jecfox 10x16 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CursPlus 12x16 (click to show/hide)