Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: artifact ingredient resurrection result  (Read 1046 times)

dwarfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
artifact ingredient resurrection result
« on: April 18, 2021, 12:36:31 pm »

not sure if this is a bug or not, but the bugbat lower arm bone my dwarf tried to make an artifact with came back alive. he stopped making the artifact and ran like a coward but didnt cancel the secretive mood. i set my mercenary captain to put down the arm bone.

the dwarf was then stuck just standing still at the last spot he ran to, so i made my sheriff interrogate him to get him unstuck and continue the artifact.

he went back and grabbed a crundle hand bone, this time mangled (i have a lot of undead arm bones because i recently started slaughtering my collection of weaker undead livestock to free up fps)

when he finished the artifact, this was the result:
it's worth 1.8million and decorated with every available bone in my fortress even though the dwarf only grabbed crundle. is this a hidden feature?
"Likes cats for their ability to hunt vermin, and elves for their sensitive ears"

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: artifact ingredient resurrection result
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 01:05:56 pm »

Yeah, I've had the same happen (in 0.47.03 or .04, can't remember) when my interrogator interrupted a moody dwarf. Used up all the fort's stones for it.

Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: artifact ingredient resurrection result
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 01:22:24 pm »

Could do similar things with Lavish Meals in earlier version, through carefully disallowing-for-cooking the ingredients that were already acquired.  They'd go out and get more (repeat as desired), and if you then re-allowed the formerly-gathered materials, /all/ of those ingredients would go into the roast.  (as I recall, that bug did get fixed, so this cooking version won't work anymore)