Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [IC] TotM: RNE - Squabbles with Scraplets  (Read 3830 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] TotM: RNE - Squabbles with Scraplets
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2021, 07:22:26 am »

The fighter went silent for a moment, this time in contemplation. Now that she was faced with the name she'd been seeking, she was hesitant. "Airheart. Ensign Airheart of the United States Navy." She nodded slowly. It called back to history, and stated something she rarely admitted aloud. "I think I will accept this gift. Thank you." Airheart closed her eyes and bobbed her head in thanks. "And. . . thank you for the challenge, as well. I enjoyed it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2021, 01:53:49 pm »

"If you refer to the meaning of life and the purpose of one's existence, that is mystery even to the wisest of the Primes," Solus Prime states with a smile, "If you refer to the sensations you are experiencing, your senses of touch and self have been awakened by a precious gift from the Well of all Sparks.  A spark, a soul, of your very own, to take you beyond the crude materials and limited code from whence you came."

--------------------------------------------

"Hah, just shows me there's still things for a crusty old 'bot like me to learn," Vector Prime chuckles, "I sought to test you.  I'd have been satisfied with far less than you showed.  Never thought I'd lose.  With that in mind, what I'd planned to give feels a bit inadequate.  Hrrrm."  He mulls over his options, "You don't use swords, like to stay light...  Well, all things considered, perhaps my Blades of Time might not be such a bad fit after all..."

Ensign Airheart gains the Blades of Time!  The mystic artifact of Vector Prime, guardian of the timestream, increases the duration of buffs on her by +1 and reduces the duration of debuffs by -1 while equipped!  This can reduce the duration to 0.  Perhaps confusingly, the Blades of Time are not swords or knives at all, but a gear-like bronze mandala inscribed with scenes from Cybertron's past, which seem to change every time you look away from it.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2021, 02:17:09 pm »

Tyra looks suspiciously at the bartender as he pours a second drink.
"I haven't even proved payment for the first."
She let out a sight an deflated slightly, visibly losing a little height as she leaned against the bar.  She reached up with one hand and pulled her hood down, for possibly the first time since she actually left her world.
"I...don't even know what currency this world uses."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2021, 03:25:14 pm »

Airheart took the unfamiliar artifact carefully, doing her best to balance it despite their flight (subsonic flight was still quite fast, after all) and the awkward size of the thing compared to her. "Blades of Time?" The question was evident in her voice. Its appearance alone told her it was more than just a simple decorated disc, but despite some people referring to creations like her as magic, she wasn't familiar with much in the vein of mysticism. The Ensign turned it over in her hands, looking over the gift she'd been given. "Is this what you were referring to when you said I couldn't defeat Circuit Breaker as I am?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2021, 06:01:09 am »

"If you refer to the meaning of life and the purpose of one's existence, that is mystery even to the wisest of the Primes," Solus Prime states with a smile, "If you refer to the sensations you are experiencing, your senses of touch and self have been awakened by a precious gift from the Well of all Sparks.  A spark, a soul, of your very own, to take you beyond the crude materials and limited code from whence you came."
VerTwo stared at her new hands for a moment, as she finds itself genuinely unsure of what to say or do next for the first time in her existence. "This unit has a soul?" she eventually asked, as her now masked face slowly rises up to stare at Solus Prime. "What does that mean?"
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2021, 11:29:16 pm »

"Haven't paid?  Haw!" Maccadam guffaws, "A course you're payin, lass.  Just not with money.  Money ain't no good here anyway.  But ol Maccadam's been around the block a time or two.  There's trouble coming, and it's not just because Starscream won't stay dead.  I heard Trypticon got ate by some gribbly from beyond the veil, and we couldn't have kept him out, not with thirteen Thirteens.  Don't think of it as a gift if that grinds your gears.  Think of it as an investment in a brighter future."  He dumps the dark purple shot into the orange drink, stirs carefully with a glass rod, and garnishes it with a slice of lemon and a splash of something out of a bottle he doesn't let Tyra see the label on before sliding it over to her, "After all, I'm stuck here, but you and your friends have more stars in your skies than even my brothers and sister ever got to see."

--------------------------------------------------

"Not exactly.  The Blades of Time will help, but they alone do not hold the power to counter Circuit Breaker," Vector Prime states, "I was referring to you.  A jet, even one as capable as an F-22, could not defeat Circuit Breaker.  Her power over machines is so great that even the dark shadow of Entropy himself, Unicron, could be disrupted, if briefly.  A person, with the capabilities of that jet?  Well, that might be a different story.  I believe you are more than the sum of your parts, Airheart, more than your gears, wires, and plates.  I believe everyone is.  And to defeat Circuit Breaker, you will have to be."

---------------------------------------------------

"If you want the techinical description, it means that there is a you," Solus Prime informs VerTwo gently, "A being beyond the programmed facsimile that inhabited the empty shell which entered my Forge.  A being with wants, desires, emotions, and feelings of her own.  If you're looking for something more than the mere facts...  It means that you are free.  You are capable of choice.  You can be...  Whoever you want to be.  And whether or not I agree with your choices, neither I nor anyone else can stop you from making them and holding to them.  That is what having a soul gives you.  The right and ability to choose things for yourself."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2021, 01:52:13 pm »

"Stars in our sky..."
She sighed softly and slowly, easing into a memory she'd rather not remember.
"I haven't seen the stars since I was a child, I'm not sure my world even has them anymore.  Not after Arcanum blackened them for power..."
She pondered what he'd said, staring through the glass and his hands for a few moments before she furrowed her brow and snapped back into focus.
"You can't leave, but I can?  Who are you?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 02:03:13 pm by StormLord »
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2021, 02:07:25 pm »

"I see." She went quiet for a few moments. Airheart wasn't sure she was up to the task. It wasn't as if she didn't have her own thoughts and motives, but as far as she could tell, they were all shadows of her purpose as a war machine. Quick, decisive thinking for aerial combat, a perfectionism that wouldn't allow tiny details to fell her prematurely, and a desire to fight to protect those less capable than herself. "I will do my best." Her expression remained troubled, and she only stayed quiet for a second. "I don't know how this changes my ability to fight Circuit Breaker, but as a pilot of the United States Navy, it is my duty to push myself to the very limits of my capabilities to defend liberty and justice. If there is more than what my airframe is capable of, I will find it."
GM of Trespassers V2.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2021, 05:43:31 am »

"If you want the techinical description, it means that there is a you," Solus Prime informs VerTwo gently, "A being beyond the programmed facsimile that inhabited the empty shell which entered my Forge.  A being with wants, desires, emotions, and feelings of her own.  If you're looking for something more than the mere facts...  It means that you are free.  You are capable of choice.  You can be...  Whoever you want to be.  And whether or not I agree with your choices, neither I nor anyone else can stop you from making them and holding to them.  That is what having a soul gives you.  The right and ability to choose things for yourself."
VerTwo goes quiet for a moment, as its ponders the implications a little further. Only for the former SPARK to realize that the months it could 'remember' as a semi sapient warmachine had done very little to prepare it for philosophical pursuits. And in the end, it simply half asked, and half stated, "This unit is... free? To be whatever it wants to be?" Another moment passes before it finally continued with, "This unit thinks it will continue its mission, if it is allowed to."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]