Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Glazedfaith  (Read 21440 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Glazedfaith
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2020, 04:53:37 pm »

Do you have any plans to make a plump helmet village?

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2021, 04:14:20 pm »

Do you have any plans to make a plump helmet village?

No.

101st floor will contain trade depot and labyrinth with traps:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarves began to build the ramp for caravans:

Dwarven artists depicted the moment when Armok destroyed 2652 elves at once. One picture shows a scene of poisoning by drink:

Another picture shows death by meteor:

It seems that each elf saw his death his own way.

The fort is 100 years old:

The ramp for caravans almost invisible at some angles:

On 101st year of the fort dwarves made two giant cave-ins:

I found out that after big cave-ins secondary cave-ins happen where the collapsed area crosses some cave. I suspect that young trees fallen together with the ground they grew on, those saplings become mature trees as planned and then find themselves in the void. So, according to dwarven physics, they immediately transform to clay dust and fall. I found two undeground trees supporting this hypothesis:

They have no roots, their trunks grow right from the air. They seem like they are glued to the wall with branches and twigs.

The smaller cave-in cut the fort vertically:

It's very hard to make a nice picture of those things in Armok Vision. It eats all available memory even with the simplest graphic settings.

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2021, 01:41:52 pm »

The second cave-in shown from approximately 80th underground z-level:

It seems impossible to set Armok Vision camera deeper even with the simplest graphics.

There's a grove of flying underground trees in the former cave-in's pit, just like hanging gardens:

Dwarven artist depicted deadly cat fight:

Another picture looks like the artist depicted his own funeral, but it's illusion, the artist and the dead just look similar:

The fort is 104 years old:

Caravan arrived:

The fort is 105 years old:

There are training gyms and weapons and cages stockpiles on the 102th floor. Targets and stands are native gold, doors are crystal glass:

Dwarves store bins and cages in new stockpile:

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2021, 07:53:21 am »

There's an underground water sea on the way of another cave-in. To cut it off the map edge dwarves dug a long magma-feeding channel through the whole map, there are two short aqueducts built over the perimeter of the future cave-in:

On the way of yet another cave-in there are demons hanging out in the air inside drained magma sea. It's impossible to collapse the ceiling over their heads because all the stone all the way up already dug out. So dwarves dug out the top of the perimeter and therefore established freezing temperatures everywhere on the perimeter all the way down. Somebody poured a bucket of water and created the thing to collapse over the demons:

After the thing collapsed I found out that creatures smashed onto the magma sea bottom by collapsed ceiling, those creatures disappear as well as collapsing rocks.

Dwarves shoot railguns again. I found out that the invisible walls with which the missiles collide, those virtual walls are located in different places in different times:

Those numbers are distances from fallen cages to appropriate edges of the map: 0, 48, 82, 86. Those numbers are distances from the cannons to the cages fallen on the ground: 32, 36, 70, 87, 118. Big numbers in the first list and small numbers in the second one probably mean that those missiles lost horizontal speed due to numerous collisions with other missiles.

Probably the last caravan arriving in the underground trade depot:

The next caravan will probably trade in the sky.

One of the cannons suddenly made a large plume of smoke:

It's because a fire imp sitting in a missile survived the shot, got free and now is running around desperately over the ship:

You can see a bugbat in the corner of the photo.

Another cave-in bared the refuse stockpile, the earth stinks right to the stars:

The fort is 106 years old:

Archers training in the sky gyms:

vp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2021, 01:37:29 pm »

On the bottom of the magma sea there are little local spots of normal rock among the SMR. When a large land mass collapses, the rock over those spots doesn't disintegrate so weird pointy peaks appear:

Another view of the ship:

I decided to cancel the big melee gym at 102 floor. Too many dwarves already died because of tantrums of their comrades, so if all civilian dwarves become military it's gonna be some BLM-like disaster. So dwarves destroyed the wall and expanded stockpiles for weapons and cages:

The icy labirynth near not yet built new trade depot became as surreally depressive as "Labyrinth of reflections" (https://royallib.com/read/Lukyanenko_Sergei/Labyrinth_of_reflections.html#0) or, may be, some kind of "Van der Graaf Generator" music. Walls, floors and ceilings are transparent, misty pictures everywhere, invaders should feel dizzy as if they were high:

Dwarves began to build double-sectioned drawbridge between the caravan ramp and not yet built new trade depot:

Engraved glacier is beautiful:

Those pictures are not some random shit but a very accurate representation of the things really engraved on the glacier. I found this place in main window, read text descriptions and realized that Armok Vision really shows just the real things engraved where the camera looks:

Dwarves walled off the cage-breaking floors, they should do it long before, right after trolls escaped:

I found out that if you do d+v over the engraved surface that was collapsed then you see the ghosts of the pictures that were engraved there before:

Though it's impossible to see details.

Weird werepanda arrived, it carried a heap of dwarven clothes and behaved like a merchant:

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2021, 01:57:24 pm »

Weird werepanda arrived, it carried a heap of dwarven clothes and behaved like a merchant:

Po has wares if you have coin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]