Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coolest and most badass fort, dorf, or group names you came across.  (Read 1174 times)

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile

I'll deliver my entires:

I also had a fort I named Skyrim.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Coolest and most badass fort, dorf, or group names you came across.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 08:07:59 pm »

I have been blessed with a really easy to search for fort name this time around: Zonner. It means Helmedlake, and I assume it is referring to the bloody great big lake of lava in the middle of the map, surrounded by a circular ridge of rock, the helm. The volcanos actual name is The Dominant Cinder, also somehow really appropriate. Anyhow, we've been making a lot of lead and silver Zonner-themed figurines.

I recently had a fort which died almost immediately (werebeast collapse) called The Silvered Busts (Ral Ablel). It did not have silver on the map, or we would have had a lot of fun making silvered busts of everyone...

My most beloved fort, I think, was a long time ago, a place which I've forgotten the exact name of, but I referred to personally as "Alligator Creek". It was upstream of a winter biome, and the downstream end of the massive river that ran through the map would freeze each winter, leading to a slow and inexorable flood, which would inevitably eventually wash into our fort despite my constant attempts at upgrades, and the alligators would wash in through the flood. So many of my dorfs would end up with a hand or a foot missing, that I was able to do many crutch experiments and found that it was true that having your fort well stocked with heavy lead and gold crutches leads to any dorf with a missing leg can acquire an excellent bludgeoning weapon in their new heavy crutch.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 09:50:20 am »

All randomly generated: The Misty Fountains (group), Elderstrumpets (fort), Diamondhands (symbol).

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 07:52:03 pm »

Cog Trustdike the Tenacious Imprisonment, Geshud Reinworks the Assaults of Deciding, and Ustuth Canyonprice the Ultimate Line of Daggers. Though I know that they're randomly genned, I like to think Cog got her name when she managed to be imprisoned and broken out in the space of a single Dark Fortress raid, as part of the one-fortress war Bridledmetal has been waging on the goblin pits and fortresses of a large island by the name of The Erased Continent (10 down, 80 to go!).

Cool fort names: Hammerreason, Lightningbolts, and (player-created) Ironfeast the Tomb of Gorging.

Artefact-wise, some cool ones include The Crazed Visionary (Leather Shield, depicting a Dwarf striking down a Goblin), Martyrflowers the Emerald Nightmares (Shield, which, despite its title, only has a few pathetic spikes of cat bone), Racemosses the Scarlet Mother (steel axe, iron/bone spikes and studs), The Granite Hope, and Dreampurged the Suffering of Craziness.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:56:46 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:35:15 pm »

Are weapons allowed?   "Soak ripper" fits a warhammer pretty well.

(edit: Another of my favorite weapons... Bronze gore)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:15:03 pm by Uthimienure »
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 09:32:38 pm »

I'll stop for a while after this one... it just happened and I couldn't resist the temptation to post it.

"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

Urist mcbayblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 12:14:29 am »

Once found a bracket in a abandoned dark fortress called demon curses the hexes of hell. It turned out to be pretty lame actually, it was just a no-quality wooden bracket that had been used in some elven hippy religion.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 06:29:24 am »

I'll stop for a while after this one... it just happened and I couldn't resist the temptation to post it.

It's a trap. It's a religious ploy to educate your fortress on the nightmares of sin.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 09:38:52 am »

b

It was a troupe of elves & a goblin, likely preaching cannibalism as salvation. It's always "b". We do not accept non-dorfs as residents. They're lucky we just had a siege and have our quota of dead bodies.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 09:46:52 am »

b

It was a troupe of elves & a goblin, likely preaching cannibalism as salvation. It's always "b". We do not accept non-dorfs as residents. They're lucky we just had a siege and have our quota of dead bodies.

🅱️
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 09:49:01 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 10:24:57 am »

This is my 7 dwarf strong military fort. It has three spear masters and three axedwarves in training.

This is a legendary poleaxe used by what is essential my forts champion.